Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Synchronized masks? (Applying same mask effect to multiple layers)
majortom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2020 18:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have a main video, a green screen video for an inset, and a static image to replace the green screen.

I want the green screen video and static image to act as one -- so if I (for example) mask it with a circle and position over the main video, I don't have to painstakingly match the mask size and position for both the video and image.

One obvious way is to save the greenscreen and image as a new clip, and use that clip in the main project. I have quite a few to do and this would be a little tedious, so I'm hoping there's a better way.

Thank you!
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have a main video, a green screen video for an inset, and a static image to replace the green screen.

I want the green screen video and static image to act as one -- so if I (for example) mask it with a circle and position over the main video, I don't have to painstakingly match the mask size and position for both the video and image.

One obvious way is to save the greenscreen and image as a new clip, and use that clip in the main project. I have quite a few to do and this would be a little tedious, so I'm hoping there's a better way.

Thank you!

If I got it right you want to mask a video that will overlay the main video.
Make the first select the video, photo and mask, Copy this (Ctrl + C) go to the next place that will have another, Paste (Ctrl + V) now add the next, video, photo, on the previous one and choose to replace.
Repeat Paste for more videos
See if it works in your PD version.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 22. 2020 11:46

majortom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2020 18:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

If I got it right you want to mask a video that will overlay the main video.
Make the first select the video, photo and mask, Copy this (Ctrl + C) go to the next place that will have another, Paste (Ctrl + V) now add the next, video, photo, on the previous one and choose to replace.
Repeat Paste for more videos
See if it works in your PD version.

Thank you for your response -- I was not very clear.

I have both a video (green screen) and an image that I want to mask in the same way, regardless of what I do with it, and apply the result iver the main video. That is, if I change the size or position of the two overlays, I want the same changes to apply to both.

I've decided that the simplest way will be to apply the image to all of the raw green screen video footage, and then I'll only have a single input to mask in the main project.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think it would help if you could attach a screenshot of your timeline showing how you've things laid out.

Ideally, you'd also have a second example showing the kind of changes you're looking to make as that will give us a clearer idea of how to accomplish those kinds of edits with the fewest steps.