Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director STOPS
aaronep [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2020 19:21 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello: I am using Cyberlink Ulimate Power Director 18. My objective is to create a dvd disk of
a movie downloaed off the internet. In doing this I have downloaded & created a file usind Movati Screen Reccorder
Software.

When I import the file using Power Director 18 I receive error message saying OOPS POWER DIRECTOR HAS STOPPED.

What did I do wrong? How did I zig when I should have zagged?

Regards, Aaron
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think you've done anything wrong, but you'll need to provide quite a few more details before anyone here can help you.

Please follow these steps to run the DxDiag test and attach the results here, and also please tell us the exact version of PD18 you're running.
aaronep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I don't think you've done anything wrong, but you'll need to provide quite a few more details before anyone here can help you.

Please follow these steps to run the DxDiag test and attach the results here, and also please tell us the exact version of PD18 you're running.

OK, below is the build # of my version and also the DxDiag test

regards, Aaron
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
65 time(s)
 Filename
temp power dircctor 18 vsn #.doc
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
106 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the details. You have the most recent version of PD18, but the video driver for your Intel HD Graphics 4600 is more than 2 yeaars out of date. You should be able to get the latest driver by using the Intel driver assistent here. If you're not able to install that driver for any reason, go to the Asus support page for your system and get the most recent video driver available there.

The other thing I noticed is that you've had several crashes of FreemakeVC. That implies that something may have gone wrong with how that app was installed, so you may want to uninstall it then try installing it again.

It's also possible that there are problems with some of Windows' core files, and this post describes how to run two simple tests that will check for and try to automatically fix any errors that may be present.
aaronep [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the details. You have the most recent version of PD18, but the video driver for your Intel HD Graphics 4600 is more than 2 yeaars out of date. You should be able to get the latest driver by using the Intel driver assistent here. If you're not able to install that driver for any reason, go to the Asus support page for your system and get the most recent video driver available there.

The other thing I noticed is that you've had several crashes of FreemakeVC. That implies that something may have gone wrong with how that app was installed, so you may want to uninstall it then try installing it again.

It's also possible that there are problems with some of Windows' core files, and this post describes how to run two simple tests that will check for and try to automatically fix any errors that may be present.

Thank you for your reply! You have given me items to work on and HOPE!

Aaron