Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade 17 to 19
Theojs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2020 13:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
How do I upgrade from Powerdirector 17 Ultra to Powerdiector 19 Ultra? I have the product key for 17.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2020 03:44

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You have to purchase a new license or an upgrade. An upgrade will uninstall PD17 while a new license (or the subscription version) will allow you to keep it.

Here are the US pricing options for new licenses. To see the upgrade pricing, click on the Upgrade badge to the right of PD17 from your CL account's Manage My Products page.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote How do I upgrade from Powerdirector 17 Ultra to Powerdiector 19 Ultra? I have the product key for 17.

You can't. There is no upgrade path for the Ultra version, you simply have to buy a new perpetual key (lifetime) for PD19 Ultra if that's the product that you want.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 18. 2020 15:56

Theojs [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 17, 2020 13:21 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You have to purchase a new license or an upgrade. An upgrade will uninstall PD17 while a new license (or the subscription version) will allow you to keep it.

Here are the US pricing options for new licenses. To see the upgrade pricing, click on the Upgrade badge to the right of PD17 from your CL account's Manage My Products page.

Ah I understand, thanks for the help.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
As Jeff pointed out you can’t upgrade from PD17 Ultra to PD19 Ultra. You can upgrade from PD17 Ultra to PD19 Ultimate for $90 according to the small print which is $10 less than the new license. I would rather buy a new license anyway so I could keep my old software.