Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
off topic question - media management
Johnkl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2017 13:48 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys

I have a little "off-topic" question. I'm strugling with finding a good media management tool.
I have 50000+ photos and 10000+ video clips, that I want to organize in date order.
Until now I have used SonyPlayMemory Home, that realy satisfy my needs, but with that many photo and video clips it's starting to
loosing tumbnails, and I need to rebuild the database, and it takes loooong time. Its not that stable, and sometimes it simply does not startup
I have also used Adobe Bridge, but the date feature are not really that good. Otherwise a fine choise.

The freeware "digikam" is also nice and works fine, but it cannot import from my different cameras...
I would like to use just "one tool" for importing and organizing

So, what are you using for "media management" ?
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Have you looked at Windows' Photo app? Like the new Video Editor, it comes free with the operating system and they've kind of flown in under the radar. Look for them under the Start menu.

The Photos media catalog isn't nearly as sophisticated as, say, Adobe Bridge or the Adobe Elements Organizer, but it offers a number of ways to manage, search and organize your photos and videos. And it's free -- which is always a good place to start.
Johnkl [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2017 13:48 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Have you looked at Windows' Photo app? Like the new Video Editor, it comes free with the operating system and they've kind of flown in under the radar. Look for them under the Start menu.

The Photos media catalog isn't nearly as sophisticated as, say, Adobe Bridge or the Adobe Elements Organizer, but it offers a number of ways to manage, search and organize your photos and videos. And it's free -- which is always a good place to start.

Hello Steven
Thanks for your reply. I was NOT aware of this, and I have installed it from MS, and it seems to work, and could suite my needs, however when I'm going to use some of my photos/footages I normally highligt them in the "tool" and then drag them to PowerDirector. This does NOT work with MS Photo, it says "copy" but nothing comes to the timeline !
Actually works with other video editors