Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Possible to publish / export audio only?
BarefootGreg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2020 14:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Having gotten accustomed to using PowerDirector Mobile to create and publish videos, I'm now interested in using it to produce audio files. Is that possible?

(Please don't recommend using the desktop version -- I don't have a desktop PC.)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Producing to an audio format (like WAV or M4A) like the desktop version can do doesn't seem to be available in the mobile version.

In your case, I'd produce the clip to SD 360p on your SD card to get the smallest file size then use a free converter app like Video to MP3 Converter or Audio Extractor to create the audio-only file. You can then delete the 360p video clip.

The best way to let Cyberlink know that you'd like to see that option added to the mobile app is to use the FAQs & Send Feedback option on the Settings menu or leave a review at the Google Play Store. The devs seem pretty responsive to these kinds of requests.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Producing to an audio format (like WAV or M4A) like the desktop version can do doesn't seem to be available in the mobile version.

In your case, I'd produce the clip to SD 360p on your SD card to get the smallest file size then use a free converter app like Video to MP3 Converter or Audio Extractor to create the audio-only file. You can then delete the 360p video clip.

The best way to let Cyberlink know that you'd like to see that option added to the mobile app is to use the FAQs & Send Feedback option on the Settings menu or leave a review at the Google Play Store. The devs seem pretty responsive to these kinds of requests.

Appreciate the smart work around. I went ahead and sent feedback to CyberLink as I'd like to see this feature as well. The more the merrier.
Jaybo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2018 17:55 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
I "third" that suggestion.

I currently do similar to Maliek's suggestion. I use a free app called "Video To MP3 convertor" by "InShot Inc" from the Play store.

Sometimes, once the file has been converted to MP3, I then use another Play store app called "MP3 Cutter & Audio Merger" by "Clogica". What the title doesnt reveal, is that it also has a very useful volume adjuster.