Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
screen brightness when making custom masks using the points
jimbo360 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2018 15:06 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have noticed that when I create a custom mask using the node points (as opposed to brush), the mask screen is almost too dark to be useful in placing the nodes. I can't find a way to make it brighter like you can with the slider in the paint mode. Sooo,
has anyone found a way to lighten the custom mask screen when using node points?

Thanks
Jimbo360
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There don't seem to be any adjustments to the white anchors, dark blue lines and overall mask intensity when creating a custom selection mask.

If the underlying image is fairly dark, you may not be able to tell how well your mask selection is aligned so a quick workaround might be to use the Fix/Enhance tool and set the Exposure and Brightness on the Color Adjustment panel higher to make the underlying image/video brighter.

When the mask is finished, uncheck the Color Adjustment box and the image/video will be restored to the original condition.

You can ask CL to provide some user-changeable settings and/or add a transparency tool like the Brush Mask Designer has by going to File > Rate Us & Provide Suggestions.
jimbo360 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2018 15:06 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you very much for your reply. I will try your suggestion and will also send a request to CyberLink. If it isn't just my computer/monitor, I would be surprised that they have not already received some complaints.

Thanks again,

jimbo360