Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Large number of subtitles need a better support in the application
Vissersdijk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 05, 2020 13:08 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to use subtitles, it is a good system if you have only 5-7 subtitles to add, but not a 50 or more.

It is also strange that you must format each subtitle individually. Who would ever want jumping subtitles?.

This prevented me initially from purchasing PowerDirector, other applications are far better in handling subtitles.

Luckily, I did find a way around it, with Google Studio. In Google Studio you can upload your video, paste the 50 subtitles and let Google synchronize it. Download it to an Srt, and import in PowerDirector.
It works very nice. but it takes some time..

Of course, what Google can do, is not possible for a small company like Cyberlink. I do not expect that. But some improvements would be nice.

For instance

• to copy all the 50 -500 lines in one go, and afterward place them in sequence.

• to be able to insert in the text area a new subtitle, and afterward place it precisely.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 11. 2020 15:02

StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
You can of course generate or type all of your subtitles in a program like Word or Notepad and then import them into PowerDirector in one batch. I can't imagine and easier way to add subtitles, short of the program generating them automatically -- and that's a system with its own problems.

What part of this system doesn't work as well as you'd like and what would make it better?