Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Advanced Graphics
JSC [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 20, 2012 09:22 Messages: 71 Offline
[Post New]
I want to step up my virtual choir graphics. I'd like to have the singers' tiles on a sphere that rotates. It would be about 25-35 faces covering a 3-D, rotating globe. Can anyone point me in the right direction? And if I can do that, maybe I can do the same with other geometric shapes moving in other ways.

Thanks,

Jim PowerDirector 365, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core processor 4.05 GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Most likely you'll be stepping up to a more advanced effects program like After Effects.

But I've no idea if there are templates for that or if you'll be creating it from scratch.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe something like this template from DirectorZone would work
JSC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Most likely you'll be stepping up to a more advanced effects program like After Effects.

But I've no idea if there are templates for that or if you'll be creating it from scratch.

Thanks, StevenG. I don't know anything about After Effects, but I'll look into it. Do you know if that's something that would replace PowerDirector in the process or integrate with it? PowerDirector 365, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core processor 4.05 GHz, 32GB RAM, Windows 10 64-bit OS, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER
JSC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Maybe something like this template from DirectorZone would work

Thanks, optodata. I'll check out that template. If not exactly what I'm looking for, maybe I can tweak it.
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
After Effects can be used as an editor, but it's really most effective for creating short effects sequences.

Most people use it as a supplement to rather than a replacement for a video editing app.

Although it integrates ideally with Adobe products, you can also use it to create effects sequences that you will edit and assemble in PowerDirector.