Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector12 Stops at 85% During Authoring Process
IG88! [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2020 20:46 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I've had Powerdirector 12 for a few years now.Recently,I had to reinstall it because the App was erased when I did a Windows reset.Well,I started to edit some new,seperate projects for DVD format(as I always do) and it always stops at 85% with:

Error code: e80004005

I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling,having more than 100GB free on my hard drive,allowing Cyberlink PD on my Windowsfirewall,unchecking hardware acceleration,etc but nothing has worked.I'm beyond frustrated.If anyone has a fix for this I would greatly appreciate it as I don't want to spend any money to upgrade.Currently unemployed because of Covid pandemic.

I appreciate any help from the Cyberlink community,

Thanks in advance,

RC

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2020 17:15

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Users reported that they were not able to create discs using PD12 six years ago after upgrading to Windows 10. Cyberlink patched PD13 but not PD12 and the earlier versions to fix the issues some users reported.

Guessing that you are saying that you could create DVDs in the past with PD12 on win 7 or 8 but not now with win 10. You need to supply more information about whether you were ever able to create the discs while on win 10. Maybe someone here may have figured out how to do it as a workaround.
IG88! [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Users reported that they were not able to create discs using PD12 six years ago after upgrading to Windows 10. Cyberlink patched PD13 but not PD12 and the earlier versions to fix the issues some users reported.

Guessing that you are saying that you could create DVDs in the past with PD12 on win 7 or 8 but not now with win 10. You need to supply more information about whether you were ever able to create the discs while on win 10. Maybe someone here may have figured out how to do it as a workaround.

Thanks for replying! Yes,I was absolutely able to create DVD discs while using Windows 10.I didn't have a problem until I had PD12 erased by a Windows reset this past September.I reinstalled it and it's now stopping during the authoring process at 85% everytime I try to burn a project onto a blank DVD disc.I can't figure out why it suddenly started to do that.I'm hoping someone can write in who had the same problem as I'm having because I'm completely stumped.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Try using the Save as disc image or Create a folder Final Output options instead of burning straight to disc. You can use a free app like Imgburn or even Win10's File Explorer to actually burn the DVD disc
IG88! [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply and suggestion! I ended up reinstalling with my original registration key that had been lost when I did a Windows Reset on my PC.My last reinstall was from a link that was posted on this forum a few years ago.Obviously,there was something in that PD12 version that did not allow me to burn to DVD.I used a Windows recovery tool to find my original registration key and everything now works on my original issued PD12 as it did before.

I'd like to thank those who replied and gave suggestions to me.It's good to know that there are contributors that are always willing to give their time and help to people who need it!

My most humble regards,

IG88!