Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
output doesn't match timeline count
[Post New]
My output film is a few frames longer then what is in my timelline? 24fps timeline, 24fps footage,output 24fps and having audio out of sync issues with windows media player but not VLC
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like maybe some clips are actually 30.00fps while others are 29.97. You can try changing the Use drop frame code setting on the General Preferences tab to see if that solves the issue.

You can check each clip's frame rate by using MediaInfo, and now they have a new webpage that will automatically give you a text list of all technical details. No need to download and install the app at all!

If you do have different framerates, pick the framte rate that the fewest clips are recorded in and convert them using Handbrake or VirtualDub 2 to the other rate.

The easiest way to replace the existing clips in your project would be to rename all the changed clips and then copy the transcoded clips to the same folder. Give them the original clips' names, and when PD opens up your project it will automatically load the new clips.
[Post New]
Quote Sounds like maybe some clips are actually 30.00fps while others are 29.97. You can try changing the Use drop frame code setting on the General Preferences tab to see if that solves the issue.

You can check each clip's frame rate by using MediaInfo, and now they have a new webpage that will automatically give you a text list of all technical details. No need to download and install the app at all!

If you do have different framerates, pick the framte rate that the fewest clips are recorded in and convert them using Handbrake or VirtualDub 2 to the other rate.

The easiest way to replace the existing clips in your project would be to rename all the changed clips and then copy the transcoded clips to the same folder. Give them the original clips' names, and when PD opens up your project it will automatically load the new clips.

its just one clip that is 24fps (23.976) i have reinstalled windows, tried another whole system with another version os PD and the same problem happens. The final output is out of sync in windows media player in h264 or mpeg2 NOT h265 which looks and plays correctly

thanks
Brian
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I hope the whole Windows reinstall wasn't done just for this issue!

What happens with changing the drop frame setting or transcoding the single 29.97fps clip? Also, which output format are you producing to? MKV may give you better sync over time.
[Post New]
Quote I hope the whole Windows reinstall wasn't done just for this issue!

What happens with changing the drop frame setting or transcoding the single 29.97fps clip? Also, which output format are you producing to? MKV may give you better sync over time.

1. using dropframe isn't availible to click, its greyed out but does say "yes"

2. Yes I reinsalled windowsandanew PD because of this

3. here is my issue: I've had this problem forawhil, IfI have along movie the more out of sync it is in h264 I have a movie that 50min long and the audio is out of sync in H264. I have been back and fourth with cyberlink for months there is no solution or why. If I uncheck use graphics card (AMD) and print a low quality output it is in sync but looks like crap. If I have a high mbps good looking output it is out of sync. Same issue with using a whole other system with NVIDIA.

4. The only solution is when i choose the h265 output. It looks great and sound is correct. However Filmhub doesnt acept h265, my choices are h264 or DnxR which PD doesnt have.

5. Even when I take my h265 and transcode it with Handbrake it plays out of sync, I'm at a loss and defeated. I am currently moving over to Davinci to see if I can salvage my project.

6. All my footage is 23.976 my time and output is 24fps and can't fix it, It plays fine on timeline and outputed h265 but not h264.

optodata
[Post New]
Wow, you've really been through the wringer on this. What a hassle, and it's very strange that transcoding in Handbrake also brings up the sync issue.

Last time you were willing to share your packed project and we made some progress. Are you willing to pack the project materials again and post the link here (or send me a PM with it)?

I'd love to see what happens when I produce it on my system and I'd also like to see if I can get a working H.264 version out of your already produced H.265 clip using Handbrake or VirtualDub 2.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]

1. using dropframe isn't availible to click, its greyed out but does say "yes"

There is no Drop Frame standard for 23.976 fps because there’s no amount of frame numbers that can be dropped from the timecode to make it fit neatly into real time, unlike 29.97. The reason the grey "Yes" is because your last setting of Drop Frame was a yes, it simply does not apply for 24fps timeline. Furthermore, changing this feature to yes or no for NTSC regions does nothing to produced output, sync wise, duration wise, nothing. It simply provides an accurate time scale in the timeline.

I'd suggest being very thorough once and seeing if the issue remains. Are you certain your source is truly 23.976fps or is it 24fps? I'd create a produce profile that matches what your source is and see if that helps. For this H.264 profile I would only use a MKV container as all others can produce a variable fps output which may cause your issue. For instance, PD default 24p formats are really 23.976fps, so if source is 24fps as many films truly are, you have a conversion. Basically, make sure no fps conversion is being done from source to produce and see if you have better results with the sync issue.

Jeff
[Post New]

There is no Drop Frame standard for 23.976 fps because there’s no amount of frame numbers that can be dropped from the timecode to make it fit neatly into real time, unlike 29.97. The reason the grey "Yes" is because your last setting of Drop Frame was a yes, it simply does not apply for 24fps timeline. Furthermore, changing this feature to yes or no for NTSC regions does nothing to produced output, sync wise, duration wise, nothing. It simply provides an accurate time scale in the timeline.

I'd suggest being very thorough once and seeing if the issue remains. Are you certain your source is truly 23.976fps or is it 24fps? I'd create a produce profile that matches what your source is and see if that helps. For this H.264 profile I would only use a MKV container as all others can produce a variable fps output which may cause your issue. For instance, PD default 24p formats are really 23.976fps, so if source is 24fps as many films truly are, you have a conversion. Basically, make sure no fps conversion is being done from source to produce and see if you have better results with the sync issue.

Jeff

Jeff
source is 23.976 for sure produced file is 23.98 I can't find MKV as an option in PD? I need h264 to upload to filmhub If I take my h265 file(which plays and looks correctly) and trqanscode it in Handbrake to h2g4 I get the same issue when playing back in any windows media player, IT PLAYS CORRECTLY with VLC if that makes a difference.

brian
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Jeff
source is 23.976 for sure produced file is 23.98 I can't find MKV as an option in PD? I need h264 to upload to filmhub If I take my h265 file(which plays and looks correctly) and trqanscode it in Handbrake to h2g4 I get the same issue when playing back in any windows media player, IT PLAYS CORRECTLY with VLC if that makes a difference.

brian

The MKV option is in the "Produce" room directly under the H.264 tile. A drop down box that will let you select M2TS, MP4, and MKV. If your source is truly 23.976 fps, and your produce profile is 23.976fps, then the MKV file should show:
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 FPS

When viewed with for instance MediaInfo. 23.98fps is not what should be shown.

Jeff
[Post New]

The MKV option is in the "Produce" room directly under the H.264 tile. A drop down box that will let you select M2TS, MP4, and MKV. If your source is truly 23.976 fps, and your produce profile is 23.976fps, then the MKV file should show:
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 FPS

When viewed with for instance MediaInfo. 23.98fps is not what should be shown.

Jeff

Ok MKV plays correctly, but only looks good payed with VLC, windows media plays it looks bad like low quality. The frame rate ays 23.97 compaired to original file which says 23.976 And the total bitrate is tiny like 265kbps FIlmhub will accept h264 with a MKV wrapper but there min bitrate is 15mps for HD. What I also dont understand my original h264 mp4 output plays and looks great with playback in VLC but out of sync and looks bad with windows media player.

thanks for all the help
brian
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Ok MKV plays correctly, but only looks good payed with VLC, windows media plays it looks bad like low quality. The frame rate ays 23.97 compaired to original file which says 23.976 And the total bitrate is tiny like 265kbps FIlmhub will accept h264 with a MKV wrapper but there min bitrate is 15mps for HD. What I also dont understand my original h264 mp4 output plays and looks great with playback in VLC but out of sync and looks bad with windows media player.

thanks for all the help
brian

Post the full screen pic of your "Produce" page settings so we can get an idea of what you are selecting.

Jeff
[Post New]

Post the full screen pic of your "Produce" page settings so we can get an idea of what you are selecting.

Jeff
attached

also the clip is 51:50 however it comes on the timeline and shows 51:46.03 so theres that
image attached
[Thumb - Untitled.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
these are the seettings
 Filesize
235 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2020 22:02

optodata
[Post New]
I can get a decent 24.000fps MKV version with perfect sound sync but the video bitrate is only 10Mbps. Your HEVC clip is almost 39Mbps so I'd like the AVC version to be close to 50Mbps to have similar quality.

While I'm working on that, I found an interesting clue as to why the sound is off in the AVC version. For some reason even though MediaInfo shows that the new clip is 51m 50s long just like your HEVC clip, when I play it in VLC the sound ends at that point but the video goes on for more than 4 minutes!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2020 22:52

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
So change to MKV vs MP4 and that whole custom profile will change so unclear what you have. But when you get a proper profile defined I'd also uncheck the "Fast video rendering....." box and see what you get when produced concerning your sync issue.

Since your bit rate was so low, really hard to tell with this pic as profile shown not for MKV container, a MediaInfo of your input file would be helpful too. I'm guessing it's probably all I frame and PD in my view struggles to handle that correctly. A common issue with many drones.

Jeff
[Post New]
Quote So change to MKV vs MP4 and that whole custom profile will change so unclear what you have. But when you get a proper profile defined I'd also uncheck the "Fast video rendering....." box and see what you get when produced concerning your sync issue.

Since your bit rate was so low, really hard to tell with this pic as profile shown not for MKV container, a MediaInfo of your input file would be helpful too. I'm guessing it's probably all I frame and PD in my view struggles to handle that correctly. A common issue with many drones.

Jeff

Original files from canon 80D all i .mov . And yes if I don't check the hardware or fast render I get a lower bitrate output and the syc does work but its a lower quaility and looks it.
[Post New]
Quote I can get a decent 24.000fps MKV version with perfect sound sync but the video bitrate is only 10Mbps. Your HEVC clip is almost 39Mbps so I'd like the AVC version to be close to 50Mbps to have similar quality.

While I'm working on that, I found an interesting clue as to why the sound is off in the AVC version. For some reason even though MediaInfo shows that the new clip is 51m 50s long just like your HEVC clip, when I play it in VLC the sound ends at that point but the video goes on for more than 4 minutes!

Im at a loss I dont know why this is happening
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Original files from canon 80D all i .mov . And yes if I don't check the hardware or fast render I get a lower bitrate output and the syc does work but its a lower quaility and looks it.

Appears to be this same issue addressed yet again? https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/82869.page#post_box_341670
If so, what I showed there which achieved 47Mbps (PD18) will probably work again. I don't have this project so kind of guessing as it surely sounds like the same basic problem and optodata is yet again showing his 10Mbps AVC encode results for your new project.

Since it was referred to CL in ticket CS002191028 that optodata posted back in, JULY, I'm sure he has CL's proper resolution by now to the ticket.

Jeff
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Appears to be this same issue addressed yet again? https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/20/82869.page#post_box_341670
If so, what I showed there which achieved 47Mbps (PD18) will probably work again. I don't have this project so kind of guessing as it surely sounds like the same basic problem and optodata is yet again showing his 10Mbps AVC encode results for your new project.

Since it was referred to CL in ticket CS002191028 that optodata posted back in, JULY, I'm sure he has CL's proper resolution by now to the ticket.

Yes, I think it's the same issue. CL responded that they had replicated the issue and had forwarded it on to engineering back on July 21 and they closed the ticket. As the issue persists in PD19/365, it looks like they have not yet made the necessary changes.

In the linked thread you showed that you had been able to achieve a much higher bitrate, but didn't share the profile or what you did specifically to acheive that outcome. That information would be very helpful and I think OP and the community at large would benefit from your insight.
[Post New]
yes to answer your ? it is the same issue and CL doesn't have a solution as of yet

I just brought my H265 into Davinci resolve and am able to produce a h264 mp4 and .mov both which play fine.Davinci is using my card. It appearsPD has some issue using my card AMD. I am now going to try that MKV setting as well as getting my caption file and chapters done and see If I can produce a high enough output.

In Davinci I can produce the Dnxd file for it which Filmhub preferes but it produces seperate ausio file along with and Im trying to figure how to upload multible files, but right now that's for another day, If I can get PD to work....

thanks all once again

Brian