Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Auto Add fx (effect) track on all new projects
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
So with the new version there is no longer an FX track, you have to manually add one into the timeline. Not a huge deal, but is there a way to just have it included in all new projects I create? It's just one less thing for me to have to remember to do.
[Thumb - Clipboard01.jpg]
 Filename
Clipboard01.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
fx track
 Filesize
18 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can drop up to 7 FX directly onto each clip, so oftentimes there's no need for a dedicated FX track at all.

If you'd like to have one for all your projects anyway, the easiest way I can think of would be to create a new project and add the FX track. Save the project as something like Default or Project Template and use that as your basis for every new project, doing a Save As each time you start a new one.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Adding to what optodata showed
The advantage of placing the FX track, you do not need to divide the video when you want to apply only one part of the video.
If I'm going to apply the effect to the whole video, I don't need the FX track XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You can drop up to 7 FX directly onto each clip, so oftentimes there's no need for a dedicated FX track at all.

If you'd like to have one for all your projects anyway, the easiest way I can think of would be to create a new project and add the FX track. Save the project as something like Default or Project Template and use that as your basis for every new project, doing a Save As each time you start a new one.

Using the template method will work for me, thanks. I often want to apply an effect to just a portion of a clip, so the effects that allow me to do that, I need an fx track. I know a lot of effects can only be applie directly to the entire clip.