Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2 unusual problems
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've been working on a video for a longtime client and ran into two baffling issues.

Issue 1) When typing text into a title with a custom color, the original color is only retained for the lowest line and final characters. Each preceding character/line is darker than the following ones because for some reason, the green setting drops off for the first character as each new character is entered

Titles with various combinations of characters look like a mild rainbow from top to bottom even though all characters have the same color in Title Designer:

I used the Color Board color picker dropper to pull the exact RGB setting for the top and bottom characters in each title and have attached a full size image with the details. You can see the middle (green) RGB value has shifted down from 168 to 128 over the course of 56 characters in 8 lines. In the Title Designer, all characters are set to 90, 168, 231 yet they show a clear gradient on the timeline which is also seen in the produced clip.

Issue 2) SVRT doesn't work correctly with specific profiles, including a custom MKV.

To reproduce the issue, I made an MKV version of 2 sample skateboard clips and produced it with NVENC. It plays normally, but when I add a short clip from the third skateboard clip in front and produce with SVRT, the result is garbage after the cut. Here's what VLC shows 4 seconds in:

I don't know if this is related to SVRT issues that occurred with PD18, but it's unusable here and now.

I've packed both test projects and also added the custom profile.ini and a sample of the bad SVRT produced clip in this OneDrive folder.

I've also reported the issue to CL on ticket #CS002252057 and I'll post back when they respond.
[Thumb - PDR19 Title Color Shifts.png]
 Filename
PDR19 Title Color Shifts.png
[Disk]
 Description
Full size screen with RGB color info
 Filesize
476 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
50 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 27. 2020 01:43

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hi optodata
I tested it here and I have the same problem, text (titles) is in full screen gradient.
SVRT did the same as yours, but if I render each video separately, it works correctly.
The difference I noticed
1st video has 29.97 fps (MP4)
2nd video has 30 fps (MKV)
Check if this is it. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for confirming both issues.

I hadn't thought about the clips having different frame rates, and like you I can produce each one with SVRT but the problem occurs when they're both produced to the custom MKV profile. SVRT works properly if I produce the timeline to the default AVC 1920 x 1080/30p (16 Mbps) profile.

I also tried producing the first clip to the same custom MKV format and then replaced the original clip with the new version, but SVRT still gave me a bad output even though both clips were identical. I need this format to meet my client's streaming requirements, and maybe tech support can suggest a settings change as a quick workaround.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hi optodata
I did another test, now I created a profile from yours (test clip MKV) (I used profile Analyzer)
I produced Skateboard 03 (2 times) MKV
Replaces your test clip with the new clip
Now SVRT works as it should
Looks like the problem is your test clip XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't looked at the SVRT issue, but the title colours problem is definitely confirmed here.

When standard colours are selected, there doesn't appear to be a problem, but when a custom colour is set optodata's findings are true.

I made a test project in PDR17, with two lots of multi-track titles. The first used a standard colour - RGB: 0, 128, 255 & the second used a custom colour - RGB: 90, 168, 231

Timeline & video snapshots showed consistent (but not perfect) colour from top row to bottom & left to right.

But EEK! When I opened the same project in PDR19, the preview screen indicated the issue straight away. Timeline & video snapshots showed a significant difference from top to bottom. In my test, the bottom most rows were rendered accurately, but the topmost rows weren't!

Table below shows RGB values of colours in the produced file:

Here's the packed project, including the MP4 rendered in PDR17.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Hi optodata
I did another test, now I created a profile from yours (test clip MKV) (I used profile Analyzer)
I produced Skateboard 03 (2 times) MKV
Replaces your test clip with the new clip
Now SVRT works as it should
Looks like the problem is your test clip

Thanks for these results. I tried the same thing, but as long as I have an original skateboard clip and the new MKV clip on the timeline, the produced file is still bad.

The Profile Analyzer came up with with the settings on the right, and differences from the original settings are shown in orange boxes. None seem that far off, so I'm wondersing why it works on your end:

Quote But EEK! When I opened the same project in PDR19, the preview screen indicated the issue straight away. Timeline & video snapshots showed a significant difference from top to bottom. In my test, the bottom most rows were rendered accurately, but the topmost rows weren't!

Thanks for confirming that you see this issue too, Tony. I hadn't tried the standard colors, but since multiple lines are needed along with custom colors to see the problem, I'm not all that surprised that it went unnoticed until now.
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
Hi optodata, I compared your profile with mine, I found only 2 different details I don't know if this can influence.
As I did I just left your "Test clip" on the timeline, I did Profile Analyzer

&
optodata
Extracted by Best Matched Format
<video width = "300" height = "150"
<Video BitRate> 3156000
<Min BitRate> 1578000 (0)
<Max BitRate> 3656000
<EntryMode> 1
<Encoder Type> 1024 (0)
<Audio Layer> 2 </video>

Another question.
Recent produce a video to advance while waiting for the audio to insert, in the certainty that it would use SVRT to finish, 1.30hs fullhd 60P.
As I made improvements to the general audio, it happened that SVRT did not activate in practice, not even when I added the video file to replace it.
I had to relocate the pre-produced video, I think it forced PD to analyze the file, now SVRT worked as it should.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 29. 2020 12:23

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
Hi optodata
I have a problem that I think is related to yours, text in gradient, see the image
[Thumb - title color issues.jpg]
 Filename
title color issues.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
334 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
51 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Hi optodata
I have a problem that I think is related to yours, text in gradient, see the image

I see what you mean, with the sharp line and purple color in the middle, but I don't see that on my system.

I made a title like yours in PD14 with two custom colors and then opened the project in PD365 and they look the same:

I also tried creating a new title in PD365 but the gradient still looks normal, so I can't reproduce the problem here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2020 13:01

AVPlayVideo
[Post New]

I see what you mean, with the sharp line and purple color in the middle, but I don't see that on my system.

I made a title like yours in PD14 with two custom colors and then opened the project in PD365 and they look the same:

I also tried creating a new title in PD365 but the gradient still looks normal, so I can't reproduce the problem here.

Hi optodata, thank you very much for checking.
I checked here, creating a new title and applying the degrade works.
I noticed the problem happens with titles saved in the library by PD18, only for those that have In Scroll Animation.
I realized before using a project created in PD18 and reopened in PD19.
Thankfully they are few and I will recreate them if I need to.

I attached a project with 1 title saved in the library and another created now the problem appeared in 2, how to understand this.
 Filename
Title Color Issue2.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
273 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
504 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2020 14:49

AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
I asked for support from Cyberlink support, Ticket ID: CS002251879PD19 Problems with text

The package with material is here if someone wants to check and give an opinion, feel free.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TQN9qi8yWN4jCfEqf-gsq5K_TiZ12eON/view?usp=sharing

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 29. 2020 17:14

optodata
[Post New]
Quote I asked for support from Cyberlink support, Ticket ID: CS002251879PD19 Problems with text

The package with material is here if someone wants to check and give an opinion, feel free.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TQN9qi8yWN4jCfEqf-gsq5K_TiZ12eON/view?usp=sharing

I downloaded your project and I see the same hard color edge in your text. Having the shadow and border turned on make it worse, but even when they are both turned off there are 3 color bands instead of a smooth gradient.

Then I tried deleting most of the words in the title, and the problem went away:

This is clearly the same issue where the more characters in the title, the farther the color strays from the settings.

In your full title, if you look at the last 2 words they look normal although you can start to see the effect in the first part of BAIRRO.
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
Hi optodata, thank you for checking.
The problem exists since PD16 instability in the movement of the text, to get around I always do it first in fullHD 60P, but now it is not viable, a 3 minute clip takes about 30 minutes to produce.

This new problem in changing the gradient color exists.
Now it is expected that the competent support Ciberlink will fix everything. XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
Good news, new update Version 19.0.2222.0 fixed the color problem in the scrolling text and the long time to produce the same laughing
The problem theme of this topic has not yet been resolved frown

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2020 09:09

optodata
[Post New]
EDIT: The SVRT problem described in my OP is still not resolved now with PD365 19.1.2321.0 when using the Profile Analyzer and choosing the MKV SVRT profile. The colored text fix from the previous version is still working, however.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 01. 2020 22:56