Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 19 Ultimate New Won't Launch.
StatMan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2020 22:39 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Good Day All,
I have just switched from Pinnacle Studio to Power Director 19 I have installed the program and I can not even get it to open.
I get a pop up that reads Cyberlink Power Director cannot launch because an important program component is unavaible. Try reinstalling the program.
I have tried that. I also did the read a bunch of older post but those seem to have been fixed as they look different now.
The computer was created for making movies like a gamers, I have no issues with speed or space.
Was hoping one of you would be able to guide me to a solution.

Thank you.
[Thumb - Screenshot (54).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (54).png
[Disk]
 Description
PD19 Cannot Launch Help
 Filesize
144 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The first thing I'd try is to reinstall PD19. No need to uninstall it first.

If the issue persists, run the installer again with elevated privileges by right-clicking on it and choosing Run as Adminstrator.

It's also possible that there are problems with your Windows user profile and/or issues with permissions on the Program Files folder. You can Google for info on how to address those problems, or you may want to contact CL tech support from this page.
StatMan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The first thing I'd try is to reinstall PD19. No need to uninstall it first.

If the issue persists, run the installer again with elevated privileges by right-clicking on it and choosing Run as Adminstrator.

It's also possible that there are problems with your Windows user profile and/or issues with permissions on the Program Files folder. You can Google for info on how to address those problems, or you may want to contact CL tech support from this page.

Thank you for the reply. I just tried the reinstall both ways same issue. I have turned in a ticket to support prior no reply yet.
I tried many google searches tried a few that matched with no luck.
So excited to try masking with this program and I cant even open it such a bummer.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sorry this is happening to you, but me telling you this isn't a typical issue doesn't get you up and running.

It may take support a few days for support to respond., so by any chance do you have another computer you could try installing it on, like a laptop? Even if it's not your ideal editing platform it would at least give you a chance to get some experience with how PD works.
StatMan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I'm sorry this is happening to you, but me telling you this isn't a typical issue doesn't get you up and running.

It may take support a few days for support to respond., so by any chance do you have another computer you could try installing it on, like a laptop? Even if it's not your ideal editing platform it would at least give you a chance to get some experience with how PD works.

I have a apple mac laptop but don't believe its compatable.

I run Pinnacle studio with no issues for years but truly been liking what i see with power director masking tool. Could that program cause conflict?
Sorry to be a bothersome.
I'll be waiting for the tech support reply

Thanks again for you kind help.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I have a apple mac laptop but don't believe its compatable.

You'd have to use Parallels or Boot Camp and have Windows installed to run PD on it.

Quote I run Pinnacle studio with no issues for years but truly been liking what i see with power director masking tool. Could that program cause conflict?

I can't be 100% certain one way or the other, but one way to check would be to uninstall Pinnacle and see if PD will fully install. Make sure you make a system backup or have access to the Pinnacle installer before removing it.

There's also a chance that your antivirus program interferred with PD's installation. You should be able to disable it temporarily so you can see if reinstalling PD will be successful. If you get a warning after reactivating your A/V app, you should be able to add an exception for PD so it won't keep interfering.
StatMan [Avatar]
[Post New]

You'd have to use Parallels or Boot Camp and have Windows installed to run PD on it.

I can't be 100% certain one way or the other, but one way to check would be to uninstall Pinnacle and see if PD will fully install. Make sure you make a system backup or have access to the Pinnacle installer before removing it.

There's also a chance that your antivirus program interferred with PD's installation. You should be able to disable it temporarily so you can see if reinstalling PD will be successful. If you get a warning after reactivating your A/V app, you should be able to add an exception for PD so it won't keep interfering.

Thanks
Ok i removed Mcafee then tried no luck. Reinstalled.
I dug out my old computer and PD19 is working on it. So now we know its on this computer but what next?
optodata
[Post New]
Well it was always the computer unless somehow the download was corrupted.

It would help to see the DxDiag results from your computer as requested in the Read Me Before Posting guide.
StatMan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Well it was always the computer unless somehow the download was corrupted.

It would help to see the DxDiag results from your computer as requested in the Read Me Before Posting guide.

Here is the DXDiag sorry i thought i had attached it got side tracked.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DX log
 Filesize
86 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
68 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the details. As I suspected, there seem to be some serious issues with your Win 10 installation.

Take a look at the end of the report and you'll see several error reports caused by "wcp\componentstore\storelayout.cpp." This means that some of Windows critical systems are damaged and that's almost certainly the reason PD19 won't run.

Hopefully you'll be able to follow the steps exactly as described in this post to find and repair the underlying issues.

If not, you may need to do one of the following steps, listed in order of impact: Reset this PC (keep all apps); Reset this PC (remove all apps); if none of those work, do a full Windows install from an official (free) Microsoft ISO. You may want to have a techie friend or IT pro handle the more intensive actions.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Once you've got the main issues resolved, you'll also want to get the latest nVidia driver for your GTX 1070 Ti as the version you have installed is more than a year out of date.
StatMan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much for the details. As I suspected, there seem to be some serious issues with your Win 10 installation.

Take a look at the end of the report and you'll see several error reports caused by "wcp\componentstore\storelayout.cpp." This means that some of Windows critical systems are damaged and that's almost certainly the reason PD19 won't run.

Hopefully you'll be able to follow the steps exactly as described in this post to find and repair the underlying issues.

If not, you may need to do one of the following steps, listed in order of impact: Reset this PC (keep all apps); Reset this PC (remove all apps); if none of those work, do a full Windows install from an official (free) Microsoft ISO. You may want to have a techie friend or IT pro handle the more intensive actions.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Once you've got the main issues resolved, you'll also want to get the latest nVidia driver for your GTX 1070 Ti as the version you have installed is more than a year out of date.

Thank you very much I will start checking out your info to fix. I hope to return with a big smile lol
StatMan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry for the late reply. So after you noticed i had some computer errors I did the scan disk and it did say I had some errors and click to repair. So i did and guess what? The computer mother board and some other stuff fried.
I just got up and running on a new computer and have installed PD 19 with no issues and love it. Not much of a hasle since i keep a back up at all times on 2 external harddrives and now a 3rd since the old PC one is fine.
I just wanted to get back to you and say thank you very much for your help.
Hope to get more assistance from this board if needed as i learn more.

Thank you
optodata
[Post New]
Wow, that's a heck of a way to get yourself a new rig!

It's possible that the Windows issues and hardware problems were related, but that's quite a coincidence that your system died when you were trying to fix things. FWIW I had something similar happen 2 years ago and then again just a couple of months ago, and this time I didn't keep anything but my RAM, SSDs and nVidia card.

You clearly know how critical system image backups are, and I hope your new system along with PD19 keep running smoothly for you đź‘Ť
StatMan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Truly crazy but in a good way at the end of the day.
Ya happened before and i lost alot of important stuff so now always back up the back up.
Thanks again.