Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD19 and Jog-Wheel
Detlev123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 10, 2018 11:15 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, as a new user I do have a question: is it possible to use a jog-wheel with PD19 ?

I do have a behringer X-Touch 1 controller with many (assignable) buttons and a jog wheel.
Is there any chance to use it for video editing?

Thx in advance
Detlev
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
There is a free trial of the program. It might be easiest to download it and see if your device works.

Your experience on your computer is the only true guarantee.
Detlev123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote There is a free trial of the program. It might be easiest to download it and see if your device works.

Your experience on your computer is the only true guarantee.

What program do you mean? I do have PowerDirector 19 installed and working but I did not found any way to embed video editing hardware. The controller is working via MIDI - perhaps I could use a program, that converts the MIDI signal to keyboard shotcuts?!

Greetings
Detlev
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What program do you mean? I do have PowerDirector 19 installed and working but I did not found any way to embed video editing hardware. The controller is working via MIDI - perhaps I could use a program, that converts the MIDI signal to keyboard shotcuts?!

I think he meant you could download the trial version of PD19 to test it before buying it.

There is no support for inputs other than mice and touchscreens, and while there are some hotkeys available not all mouse/touch edits have keyboard equivalents. See this discussion for more information.
Detlev123 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I think he meant you could download the trial version of PD19 to test it before buying it.

There is no support for inputs other than mice and touchscreens, and while there are some hotkeys available not all mouse/touch edits have keyboard equivalents. See this discussion for more information.

Thanks for your suggestions - this sounds interesting; will give it a try!

Greetings
Detlev