Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't use clips less than one second
NovazYT [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2019 20:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
So as a YouTube content creator a big thing that I like to use is sound effects, and many sound effects are one second or less, and these clips cannot be used on PowerDirector. To me this needs to change as it infuriates the hell out of me, is there any way to use clips less than one second? Because I had so many I wanted to use for my videos and... well, I can't. frown
[Thumb - Screenshot (238).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (238).png
[Disk]
 Description
This is what shows up when you try to use a less than one second clip.
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
16 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So as a YouTube content creator a big thing that I like to use is sound effects, and many sound effects are one second or less, and these clips cannot be used on PowerDirector. To me this needs to change as it infuriates the hell out of me, is there any way to use clips less than one second? Because I had so many I wanted to use for my videos and... well, I can't. frown

Since you say sound effects, use a wav file and it can be shorter than 1 sec.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure where you're getting your clips, but if you're recording them just make sure they last longer than 1 sec and you can trim them to any length on the timeline.