Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
snap to clip
[Post New]
Hello,

I partition very small clips of videos - and on the timeline with other larger clips they are slivers in compariaon.
I try to render and product them. But I find selecting the range very difficult.

Is there any way to select and render the clip? When I select the clip, I can use the Home and End clip to get to the end and beginning, but cannot select the whole clip to render. I have to expant the the timeline to get it right, It just takes a lot more time when I have many small clips.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

VeePo
MojoBari [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 08, 2020 18:28 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
See if this helps you.

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=16451
[Post New]

Thank you it is helpful.

But I am trying to find a way to automatically select the clip as a range.

The automatic options does it when low on memory. But that is not the case.

Also, I want them rendered so they end up in my media library. With many small clips, very short - selecting them by range is sometimes difficult.

Sorry for not being more clear.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Veepo
In PD I only know this way to save video clip or part of it.
Select with yellow cursor, Produce Range button appears, click on it and proceed to produce the clip.
You have to do it one by one.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10. 2020 16:52

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
[Post New]
Quote Hi Veepo
In PD I only know this way to save video clip or part of it.
Select with yellow cursor, Produce Range button appears, click on it and proceed to produce the clip.
You have to do it one by one.

thanks for verifying!

Will put it on the wishlist! Hope Cyberlink reviewst these forums!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried using the Precut tool for Media Library clips? All your small clips will be shown in the subfolder of the main clip there and they can be dragged directly to the timeline when needed.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Have you tried using the Precut tool for Media Library clips? All your small clips will be shown in the subfolder of the main clip there and they can be dragged directly to the timeline when needed.

Optodata good idea, but in my case I prefer to create a new clip.
I usually download videos from 2 to 3 minutes to extract 10 to 30 sec.
I produce a new clip, keep this and discard the biggest one.
The way you show it I need to keep all the low (complete) videos stored occupying the HD.