Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
unable to render only part of the timeline in PD11
tlittle10ny [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 15, 2020 19:55 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I,m new to the forum but I hope I can get some help with my frustrating problem, I have separated the part of my project with timeline markers but, when I try to render just that part, rendering is done on the whole timeline, and I mean all of it. consequently, instead of about 2.5 Gb of movie, I get over 10 Gb which is impossible to transfer to a DVD. Help!

Tony
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It sounds like you' ve set the Range Selection markers but didn't use the Produce Range tool that should appear above the timeline. Going to the Produce page always produced the entire project.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PD11 does not have a "Produce Range" feature, you can either modify your timeline or start a new project with your big produced file and simply timeline edit to remove unwanted parts and produce with SVRT (very fast in this case) to get your desired range.

Jeff
tlittle10ny [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PD11 does not have a "Produce Range" feature, you can either modify your timeline or start a new project with your big produced file and simply timeline edit to remove unwanted parts and produce with SVRT (very fast in this case) to get your desired range.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for your advice. How do I modify the timeline? I removed all of the black stuff following my film, but that didn't do any good. I might add that the film I am working on has the raw data from a vhs tape, which then appears as one long shot. The reason for this was that my original finished DVD ceased working and my son had the original data stored on vhs. I don't know if this would have ay bearing on the problem or not. I will take your advice and see if that works.
Tony
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Jeff for your advice. How do I modify the timeline?

Since you can't select and produce a range of timeline content in PD11, one simply needs to select and remove the unwanted portions of the timeline to get just your range of content you want to produce.

Since you say one long shot, I assume you have just one clip in the timeline. If so, you simply need to position the timeline scrubber at a location, use the "Split" icon above the timeline to carve out the regions you don't want and then just select and delete them. Alt Del probably preferred in your case to keep sliding timeline content so you don't have black gaps.

Jeff
tlittle10ny [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote PD11 does not have a "Produce Range" feature, you can either modify your timeline or start a new project with your big produced file and simply timeline edit to remove unwanted parts and produce with SVRT (very fast in this case) to get your desired range.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I started it in a new project and deleted the stuff after the end of the film. I was then able to burn just the 2+ Gb to disk.
So your advice solved my long-standing problem; I can't thank you enough!
Incidentally, the film was of a trip across the Simpson desert with it's 1000+ sandhills here in Australia, so the family is so happy to be able to watch it again.

Thanks again
Tony