Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Lip Sync Running Out of Sync!
Tdm19 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 09, 2017 18:36 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone, hope someone can possibly help with this problem.

I am currently editing a music video.

I loaded all the singing segment footage first and used the sync by audio to sync them which all went well, once done I locked the track that I had all this footage on and the audio track.

Then on another track below I started to add what I call links, these video parts do not contain any singing. e.g. A video clip of scenery.

Now what I'm noticing after adding various links and editing them is that some of my lip sync segments in the locked singing track are now out of sync, but not all of them!

How can this be seeing as they were all originally in sync, track locked and any other link footage added was to a different track?

Thanks in advance for any help.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 16. 2020 06:25

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Are the videos out of lip sync at the very beginning now or much later or near the end… It is possible that those particular ones came from a camera with variable frame rate like from a cell phone recording in low indoor lighting.

Is it possible that you can fix this if the audio is in sync at the beginning by unlinking that video and then highlight the video portion of that particular clip. Hold down the Ctrl key and drag to the right to slow down the video or left to speed it up to see lip sync at the end.

You can use the MediaInfo freeware to check each clip with the Lip sync issue to see if it is constant or variable frame rate for the video and the audio portion should be a constant bit rate for best sync. It would be better to fix the video to have a constant frame rate and a constant bit rate for the audio if needed.
Tdm19 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Are the videos out of lip sync at the very beginning now or much later or near the end… It is possible that those particular ones came from a camera with variable frame rate like from a cell phone recording in low indoor lighting.

Is it possible that you can fix this if the audio is in sync at the beginning by unlinking that video and then highlight the video portion of that particular clip. Hold down the Ctrl key and drag to the right to slow down the video or left to speed it up to see lip sync at the end.

You can use the MediaInfo freeware to check each clip with the Lip sync issue to see if it is constant or variable frame rate for the video and the audio portion should be a constant bit rate for best sync. It would be better to fix the video to have a constant frame rate and a constant bit rate for the audio if needed.

All of my video is from the same camera.

As I said all my lip sync was perfect and at this stage I locked both my audio track and singing footage to prevent any unintentional edits.

After that I added various links on another track and that is when I noticed some of my lip sync segments in the locked singing track are now out of sync, but not all of them!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Assuming that this music video is no longer than say 5 minutes long then I would just produce it at a much lower resolution like 720 x 480 resolution quickly to see if the produced file is really out of lip sync or if it is only in the preview. Let us know what is the make and model of the camera used. This would allow one to determine the nature of the recording. It would be better to supply say a 5 sec raw clip from the camera to allow users to check for these issues.
Tdm19 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Assuming that this music video is no longer than say 5 minutes long then I would just produce it at a much lower resolution like 720 x 480 resolution quickly to see if the produced file is really out of lip sync or if it is only in the preview. Let us know what is the make and model of the camera used. This would allow one to determine the nature of the recording. It would be better to supply say a 5 sec raw clip from the camera to allow users to check for these issues.

Thank you for both of your replies tomasc, I'm using a Panasonic 4K HC-VXF990.

I understand what you are saying about the preview, I noticed this before.

In future I shall remember to attach a clip.

I have started to correct the lip sync issues using the Sync function and while doing this along with other editing I'm at a place where I'm thinking that maybe the fault lies with myself, not sure how but nevertheless that's where I'm at!

One needs to be so careful when using many lanes of video and moving segments about. I wish Powerdirector had the "Comp" function that the recording software Cubase has for Comping a vocal from different takes, it certainly would make my job a lot easier for music videos.

Thanks again for your kind help.