Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How Purchase PowerDirector19 as Upgrade from 17 for Reduced Upgrade Price?
rkruz3 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2020 10:21 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
I have PowerDirector 17 now and I assume there is a price discount to upgrade to 19 but I cannot find a link to purchase 19 at a reduced upgrade price.
I do not want 365 just PowerDirector 19.
Do you know how to by PowerDirector 19 at an upgrade price?
Thank you
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Just click the "Upgrade User" tab or "New User" tab for options.

https://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector-video-editing-software/upgrade_en_US.html

Jeff
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Just click the "Upgrade User" tab or "New User" tab for options.

https://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector-video-editing-software/upgrade_en_US.html

Jeff

Thank you!
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Just click the "Upgrade User" tab or "New User" tab for options.

Jeff

I used the link to buy the upgrade which said 89.99 but when I started the purchase it showed $104.39. Do you know what causes that increase?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I used the link to buy the upgrade which said 89.99 but when I started the purchase it showed $104.39. Do you know what causes that increase?

Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77190.page and attach a screenshot of the screen with the total price before you Proceed to checkout on your next reply. It may be that the price is not in US Dollar but a different currency, optional cost items added, european tax, etc. We are then able to check what you see and suggest a solution.
rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Please read this sticky: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/77190.page and attach a screenshot of the screen with the total price before you Proceed to checkout on your next reply. It may be that the price is not in US Dollar but a different currency, optional cost items added, european tax, etc. We are then able to check what you see and suggest a solution.

Here is the screenshot for the price of $89.99 that I is the upgrade price and then a screen shot of $104 when I start to purchase. It also shows VAT which is not a US tax I dont think. So something is wrong.
[Thumb - pc104.jpg]
 Filename
pc104.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
141 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - pd 80.jpg]
 Filename
pd 80.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
185 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Are you currently in a region that has a VAT tax? They may use IP to assess the tax.

Jeff
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the screenshots. The pc104.jpg is missing the top part to show what country and currency is used. See the attached screenshot marked in red. 1. Is in United States currency. 2. Is in English 3. Is the total amount charged for buyers living in the United States.

The $104.39 is the $89.99 amount charged with a 16% European VAT tax added. You need to change #1 to the currency your country uses and #2 to the language your county uses to get the correct amount in #3.
[Thumb - rkruz3.jpg]
 Filename
rkruz3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Cost in currency for the US only.
 Filesize
136 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2020 19:38

rkruz3 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thank you for the screenshots. The pc104.jpg is missing the top part to show what country and currency is used. See the attached screenshot marked in red. 1. Is in United States currency. 2. Is in English 3. Is the total amount charged for buyers living in the United States.

The $104.39 is the $89.99 amount charged with a 16% European VAT tax added. You need to change #1 to the currency your country uses and #2 to the language your county uses to get the correct amount in #3.

Both pages show U.S. and English.
See the attached screenshots.
I even tried reapplying the U.S. but it did not change.
It looks like something is wrong with the ordering.

How should I proceed to order the upgrade for U.S.?
THanks you
[Thumb - us80.jpg]
 Filename
us80.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
167 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - us104.jpg]
 Filename