Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video Capture
Rosa1215 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 10, 2020 15:04 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Trying to capture my home movies from a VCR or DVD to my PC.

Issue: I can hear the sound but no vidieo. How can I fix? I am using powerdirector 15.

I also have powerdirector 12 that came with my camcordor and I can capture the VCR with no problems but I can;t capture DVD.

I am stuck.

Thanks for any help in advance
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]

1. What connection video cable are you using for capture from Vcr to digitizer?
    You may have to switch from S-video or RCA in the PD capture interface.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2020 20:33

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I also have powerdirector 12 that came with my camcordor and I can capture the VCR with no problems but I can;t capture DVD.

Put a dvd in the drive. Open PD12. Go to the capture module and select the optical disc button on top.. On the left bottom put checkmarks on what titles and chapters that you want to capture. The play button on the left will change to a red button. Click the red button to capture the disc content.
Rosa1215 [Avatar]
[Post New]

1. What connection video cable are you using for capture from Vcr to digitizer?
    You may have to switch from S-video or RCA in the PD capture interface.

Hello,

I am using Dianmond VC500 USB cable
Rosa1215 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hello,

I am using Dianmond VC500 USB cable

They only options are Video Composite which is what I am using and Video SCable
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello, ...
I also have powerdirector 12 that came with my camcordor and I can capture the VCR with no problems...

Good grief, I misread the question. Sigh. I got to focus better when I read and answer posts.
SteveInOhio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 12, 2020 14:47 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Good grief, I misread the question. Sigh. I got to focus better when I read and answer posts.

-----------------------------------------

I am also having trouble with VCR to PowerDirector 12 or (recently downloaded PD-19). Using Diamong VC500 with a blue light. The Capture Screen only recognizes the webcam, microphone and the "external/optical device" - No VCR or camcorder.

Windows 10, HP PC.

I tried reinstalling PD-12, but no change.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]

-----------------------------------------

I am also having trouble with VCR to PowerDirector 12 or (recently downloaded PD-19). Using Diamong VC500 with a blue light. The Capture Screen only recognizes the webcam, microphone and the "external/optical device" - No VCR or camcorder.

Windows 10, HP PC.

I tried reinstalling PD-12, but no change.

SteveInOhio - In PD12 or PD19, click on the Analog TV button to capture from the VC500.