Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Media type unsupported"
BarefootGreg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 11, 2020 14:07 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I returned to editing a video and, out of nowhere, some audio files (which I used from the inherent library) aren't usable and give the error message, "media type unsupported".

Also, several of the songs I've previously used and downloaded show 0:00 as the duration.

Help?

I'm cleared the cache, with no success. I've uninstalled, restarted my tablet, and reinstalled, again with no success.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like contacting CL support would probably be your best option. You can reach them here.
Igorr [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2020 05:32 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
After last update also have the same issue. I selected song in library. I was able to play it here. But when I put it on the timeline PDM shows error "Media type unsupported" (look at the screenshot).
[Thumb - Screenshot_20201013-092704_PowerDirector.png]
 Filename
Screenshot_20201013-092704_PowerDirector.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
79 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Are you working with v7.3.2 then? Which clips in particular give you that message?

As with OP, your best bet is probably to contact tech support with that info