Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 19 title designer painfully slow
Ricardo47 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2011 07:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have PD365. Since the update to PD19 the title designer has become laggy. Using custom titles with a lot of text is now painfully slow. In PD18 there was no lag at all, but there's now a 2-3 second delay between typing and letters appearing. I wondered if it might be because I was using custom titles from PD18 but new titles created in PD19 develop the same issue.

Anyone had the same problem? Any ideas of how to solve? My computer is a high end one designed specifically for video production and is only 6 months old.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Three are several discussions already on the forum regarding the poor performance of PD with the Title Designer and when producing projects with long titles, and especially with scrolling titles. This is a long and fairly technical thread but it shows how significant the slowdown from PD18 is.

It may be easier on your sanity to break the titles up into smaller sections while we wait for CL to address the issue. Make sure you use the Title Designer rather than trying to type text on the preview screen, and it may also help to copy + paste text from Notepad rather than typing in everything each time you create a new title in PD.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 07. 2020 20:14

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink's gotcha, PD18-365 asking for an update no reference to version 19 my subscription is still going to expire I did, now I'm suffering that this absurd delay to produce a simple text.
4 minutes to produce 10 seconds MPEG-4 Fullhd 60P
Does anyone also have this problem?
I sent a ticket for support ask for more information, sent it on the 2nd, so far nothing.
Attached project if anyone wants to check it out.
[Thumb - Render longo.jpg]
 Filename
Render longo.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
82 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
 Filename
Project title.pds
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
361 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
123 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 09. 2020 15:38

XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Err...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2020 10:24

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I have a very fast system and it only took 29 sec to produce to the default 1920 x1080/60p (40Mbps) profile using NVENC:

You didn't pack the project so it's missing the Project HA not_0.mp4 and Project HA not.mp4 clips, but if those were the files you produced while testing then they are not needed.

CL did confirm that this other titling issue is present, and I'm hoping that whatever they fix will also help the other title-related problems we're seeing.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
Optodata, Thank you very much for your interest, always ready to help.
Corrected the errors pointed out, production format and removed the project files.
I have been making short 3 minute videos with scrollable titles (h) for the entire time of the video, produce duration about 40 minutes and the client was charging me.

You can confirm that your machine uses "HA" to render this scroll title, here GPU is almost the same CPU.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2020 16:00

optodata
[Post New]
Thanks for sharing the revised project.

With HA on, PD365 takes 0:29 to produce. With Fast video rendering technology unchecked on the Produce page and Enable hardware decoding disabled on the Preferences | HA menu, my CPU produces this project in 0:32.
AVPlayVideo
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for sharing the revised project.

With HA on, PD365 takes 0:29 to produce. With Fast video rendering technology unchecked on the Produce page and Enable hardware decoding disabled on the Preferences | HA menu, my CPU produces this project in 0:32.

Thank you, you are the guy.
I think the big difference is in the CPU, it seems that to produce scroll titles, GPU does not help much.
jpbarthe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2011 20:40 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have PD365. Since the update to PD19 the title designer has become laggy. Using custom titles with a lot of text is now painfully slow. In PD18 there was no lag at all, but there's now a 2-3 second delay between typing and letters appearing. I wondered if it might be because I was using custom titles from PD18 but new titles created in PD19 develop the same issue.

Anyone had the same problem? Any ideas of how to solve? My computer is a high end one designed specifically for video production and is only 6 months old.

Welcome to my club! I thought I was the only one with this frustrating problem. For 5 mp4 files each of about 5-8 seconds each, it took 2 hours to render with no effects even! I'm glad I have PD 16 on another computer to be able to continue working.
truly disappointed with PD 365. jp
jpbarthe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2011 20:40 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Not only do I have a slow rendering in PD 365 like other people in this forum topic, but at times I have have an issue where the preview speeds up but thankfully doesn't show upon final creation, so far. The attached is a screen recording of this problem.
Has anyone had this issue along with slow processing?
 Filename
BAD CYBERLINK 27''.MP4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12779 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
53 time(s)
jp
optodata
[Post New]
The issue with poor title performace was addressed with a patch for PD19 and an update for PD365. Make sure you have the most recent version installed.

Also, preview performance and producing speed are two separate issues. Your screen capture doesn't have sound, but the subtle speed changes all occur when previewing clips that have been significantly edited (as indicated by the little orange "i" on a black square at the start of each clip).

PD has to make those changes to each frame as it plays, and many of thiose kinds of edits require more power then most users' PCs can provide without slowing down. Once the heavy processing is completed, the scrubber will often run ahead to catch up with the audio which seems to be what you're seeing.

This is normal, and there are many discussions already on the forum with ways to deal with preview issues. The FAQs page has a good list.