Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can PD 19 produce H.264 in 16fps?
cassb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2019 11:29 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I have some 8mm movie film scanned into 2K ProRes H.264 files at its native speed of 16fps. I imported the scanned video files into a PD 17 project and added some titles and narration. I want to produce a H.264 2K file from the project at 16fps, but I don't see that in the output options. Does any new version of PD allow 16fps output speed?

Thanks!
[Thumb - Untitled.png]
 Filename
Untitled.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
13 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi cassb -

You can do that, & you're on the right track. To get a 16fps profile, though, you need to manually edit the Profile.ini

1. Make a new custom profile called (say) "2K 16fps"

2. Select the options you want - you could select 15 as the frame rate - and save the profile.

3. Go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\UserConfigure to find your Profile.ini

4. Open it with Notepad

5. Where it says "<Frame Rate>15.000000", change it to "<Frame Rate>16.000000"

6. Save it and close.

7. Back in PDR, in the Produce module, select your 16fps profile and hit Start.

An example profile is attached, as is the MediaInfo report from the produced file.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Profile.ini
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
129 time(s)
 Filename
MediaInfo_2K 16fps.mp4.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
123 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 08. 2020 14:03

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
cassb [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2019 11:29 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi cassb -

You can do that, & you're on the right track. To get a 16fps profile, though, you need to manually edit the Profile.ini

1. Make a new custom profile called (say) "2K 16fps"

2. Select the options you want - you could select 15 as the frame rate - and save the profile.

3. Go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\UserConfigure to find your Profile.ini

4. Open it with Notepad

5. Where it says "<Frame Rate>16.000000", change it to "<Frame Rate>15.000000"

6. Save it and close.

7. Back in PDR, in the Produce module, select your 16fps profile and hit Start.

An example profile is attached, as is the MediaInfo report from the produced file.

Cheers - Tony

Thank you, Tony, that did the trick. Now I have to figure out how to produce a video file with both 29.97fps and 16fps clips in it and keep it from being jittery. :
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this. Use a 28.97 fps timeline setting. Slow down the film footage 6.25%. 15/16= 0.9375. The 16 fps footage should then not be jitter in a 30 or 29.97 fps timeline. The pal system with film does the same thing with an audio pitch correction.