Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Consistent Crash Adding Video/Audio to Timeline
Jon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2009 02:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Seems like I must have a fairly major (but obvious) problem although I haven't been able to find anything exactly similar on this forum.

Simply put, PD8.00.2013 crashes whenever I try to add either video or audio to the timeline (I haven't tried to add anything else as if I can't add video/audio I can't use the program) the program promptly terminates. Windows diagnostics pop up and the error is in:

AppName: pdr8.exe AppVer: 8.0.0.2013 ModName: ces_plugin.dll
ModVer: 6.0.0.1927 Offset: 000021f5

I have attached the DXDiag.txt file to the post.

I am running Windows XP SP3 on a home-built PC that, while not that powerful, meets the requirements specified for the program. I have installed/reinstalled the program cleaning the register in between installs. I had been using PD7 on the machine with no problem and decided to check out PD8 to see if I wanted to upgrade (I want to as there are some features I could really use). For the upgrade I uninstalled PD7, cleaned the registry and then installed PD8.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jon Doumo
 Filename
JonDoumoDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
291 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Card name: RADEON 7200 SERIES
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: RADEON 7200 Series AGP (0x5144)
DAC type: Internal DAC(350MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5144&SUBSYS_001A1002&REV_01
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

You need a far better graphics card. That's why you're having problems.

Take a look at the one I use:

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTS 250
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 1024.0 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Robin (Gashy) [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 22, 2009 03:47 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

Just a thought I had similiar issue to what you describe and I found that turning off that Shadow Edit File option made a big difference.

For what it is worth.
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd's right. That card is so old its almost not even on the chart any more, let alone it won't provide a reasonable editing experience.

Robin, sure that will help with system performance at first, but the shadow edit file was intended to help those with older systems... newer systems don't need it except for, possibly, extremely large projects.

Graphics card comparison chart. (go to bottom to find 7200)
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-geforce-price,2323-6.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2009 09:33

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Jon [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 13, 2009 02:25 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Many thanks to all for the fast responses. Although I knew my rig was "underpowered" (it is fairly old as you can tell from the components) for video editing, I was (quite pleasantly) surprised at how well PD7 did on it. Although not a power user by any means it had no problem creating movies with various titles/effects/audio tracks/etc.

Guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and upgrade, have been wanting to get a whole new setup for a while, though not sure if the wife will be up for it (we just had a baby so you can guess where all the money is going at the moment).

Thanks for the comparison chart, being at the bottom I guess I have not place to go but up!

Thanks again for all your help everyone.

Regards,

Jon

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2009 03:28

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Congratulations to you both.

Dafydd, father of 4 young adults.
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 14. 2009 06:16

[Post New]
Hey guys, I had the same problem happening, with a little diference the program PD8 simply finishes and no error... my graphic card is a Geforce FX 5200 128mb and in the beginning the error was the same:

Error when I try to add the sample vid that comes with PD8 - nature.mpg:

Application fail pdr8.exe, version 8.0.0.2220, module with fail ces_plugin.dll, version 6.0.0.2130, address with fail 0x000021f5.

My config attached.
 Filename
config.txt
[Disk]
 Description
My config
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
264 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 09. 2009 23:44

http://www.solucionado.com.br