Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture from Logitech webcam not working
mwhite1249 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 23, 2020 19:13 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Using PD 365 and trying to captuer from USB webcam. It's a Logitech 1080p with built in mic. Windows recognizes it as a mic on my laptop. PD doesn't give me an option to select it as a webcam, just keeps seeing the builtin webcam.

I saw some old posts about setting it to use video overlay, but the posts were from back in 2009. Did a search to see if that was an option in PD 365, but can't find it.

Any help with getting the external webcam to work with capture greatly appreciated.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Try using the bundled ScreenRecorder 4. It has many more options and controls than PD's Capture room.
mwhite1249 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. Kinda worked. I'll have to play with it but think I can get it from this.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thre are several other discussions on the forum regarding SR4, and this one may be of interest.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Using PD 365 and trying to captuer from USB webcam. It's a Logitech 1080p with built in mic. Windows recognizes it as a mic on my laptop. PD doesn't give me an option to select it as a webcam, just keeps seeing the builtin webcam.

I saw some old posts about setting it to use video overlay, but the posts were from back in 2009. Did a search to see if that was an option in PD 365, but can't find it.

Any help with getting the external webcam to work with capture greatly appreciated.

Hi,
I have PDR18 365 on my Asus laptop, with PDR19 365 on the desktop. I've just connected an older logitech 120 webcam to the laptop and I am able to select both the internal webcam and the external logitech in the capture module in PDR with no issues.

Device manager also shows the logitech as a full webcam under Imaging devices in Device Manager.

Using CL's U meeting software also accesses the logitech when connected.

I would suspect a driver issue, if Win is only picking up the webcam as an external mic?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator.
mwhite1249 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I'll try upgrading the driver.