Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Make a Disc Set?
mikiek [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2020 12:44 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
If my content is more than 1 disc will hold, will the Create Disc feature span to a 2nd disc and continue burning? If not does anyone know of a way to do this?
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.
Quote If my content is more than 1 disc will hold, will the Create Disc feature span to a 2nd disc and continue burning? If not does anyone know of a way to do this?

use Smart Fit or use double layer dvd disc. read this previous post Can't seem to burn a dual layer disc in this software.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 07. 2020 03:31

'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
mikiek [Avatar]
[Post New]
I appreciate your reply but the recording is a 3 hour presentation-almost 13 gig. Past the capacity of even a dual layer disk. I did not try Smart Fit but I don't see how it would squeeze that much onto a single disc.

I guess I will have to split the recording myself. Was just hoping the Disc Menu Maker would help with prompts like 'please insert disc 2' or something to that effect.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think media disks can be split like that, as each one has to have a full intact image and menu. If you do need to split the content, you'd be better off doing that yourself so you can manage where the presentation ends on the first disc and then starts up on the second one.

You can also use Blu-Ray which can easily handle 13 GB on a single layer disc.
mikiek [Avatar]
[Post New]
optodata - I agree it may be best for me to split at strategic places. The BluRay idea is interesting although I have never dealt with them before. I suspect I will need a BluRay burner? Also the cost might be an issue. I have to distribute the end product to 30+ individuals. But I will check it out. Thank you!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Using a Dual Layer DVD with smartfit should be able to hold four hours of videos on one disc. You only need three hours.