Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Occasionally locking up
Q-M [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 09, 2019 09:08 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using PD 365 to edit and create videos from my DJI Mavic 2 drone usually 4k at 60 fps video and my Fuji X-T2 camera 4k at 25 fps.

Occasionally when producing a video, H.265 HEVC 4k@25 fps it gets to around 12% and then just locks up.

Why would that be happening as it doesn't always happen? If I use Adobe rush or premier pro, it works fine with the same video clips.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 05. 2020 08:49

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
In order to help, we'd need to see the detailed specs of your system as described in the Read Me Before Posting guide.

It would also help to see a screenshot of your Produce page settings before you click on Start
Q-M [Avatar]
[Post New]
I wonder why my reply with the file attachments yesterday disappear?? Trying again...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2020 06:47

Q-M [Avatar]
[Post New]
Screenshot of produce page

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 12. 2020 06:48

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have been using PD 365 to edit and create videos from my DJI Mavic 2 drone usually 4k at 60 fps video and my Fuji X-T2 camera 4k at 25 fps.

Occasionally when producing a video, H.265 HEVC 4k@25 fps it gets to around 12% and then just locks up.

Why would that be happening as it doesn't always happen? If I use Adobe rush or premier pro, it works fine with the same video clips.

I'd probably shy away from using your Onedrive as the repository of working files and produced file location for large projects.

I'd pack your project, move to a physical non sync device, and see if you fair any better with your produce function. If desired, move produced file back to your OneDrive as you wish. If this provides any better produce behavior with locking up, you might check your OneDrive sync schedule.

Jeff
Q-M [Avatar]
[Post New]

I'd probably shy away from using your Onedrive as the repository of working files and produced file location for large projects.

I'd pack your project, move to a physical non sync device, and see if you fair any better with your produce function. If desired, move produced file back to your OneDrive as you wish. If this provides any better produce behavior with locking up, you might check your OneDrive sync schedule.

Jeff

I don't know what's going on here, but that is a second posted reply that has dissappeared! So reposting.

Thanks Jeff, I had already thought of that and moved it away from Onedrive. Makes no difference.

It seems that PD does not like some DJI 4k @ 60 fps footage. I had no issues with my old drone that was set to 4k @ 25fps, but have all sorts of issues with the new one set at 4k @ 60fps or more. It seems OKish at 4k @ 30 fps and fine at 4k @ 25 fps.

The video I am editing is only 30 odd seconds long, but causes a hang up every time now.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I don't know what's going on here, but that is a second posted reply that has dissappeared! So reposting.

Thanks Jeff, I had already thought of that and moved it away from Onedrive. Makes no difference.

It seems that PD does not like some DJI 4k @ 60 fps footage. I had no issues with my old drone that was set to 4k @ 25fps, but have all sorts of issues with the new one set at 4k @ 60fps or more. It seems OKish at 4k @ 30 fps and fine at 4k @ 25 fps.

The video I am editing is only 30 odd seconds long, but causes a hang up every time now.

If doing it with all your 4K @ 60fps source from your drone I'd probably share a clip and see if issue occurs for others, if so, get CL involved to resolve. Issue could be sensitive to video "Color Mode" and "Video Format" (MOV, MP4, H.264, H.265) setting for captured clip.

Jeff
Q-M [Avatar]
[Post New]
Issue seems to have been solved by upgrading my Nvidia Geoforce graphics card from a 570Ti to a 1660.
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Issue seems to have been solved by upgrading my Nvidia Geoforce graphics card from a 570Ti to a 1660.

Glad you got it resolved. Rather strange as the GeForce 570 is of the Fermi architecture which predates any form of NVENC and the GPU being able to decode or encode your source H.265 footage or produce H.265 with PD19. PD19 would have to use internal CPU capability for such. It could be that the issue was resolved as now the GPU can handle both decode and encode of the H.265 stream alleviating the CPU from such tasks.

Jeff