Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Background music in PDR19/365
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
This is a continuation of threads in previous versions -

PDR18 - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80455.page
PDR17 - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40/77659.page

The purpose is to test copyright claims when background music is posted on YouTube. When TessTing first started many tracks were being flagged for copyright infringement but, more recently, barely any of the tracks have been flagged at all.

Tracks from the recently released background music pack "Halloween" have been posted on YouTube. No tracks were flagged for copyright.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Good to know Tony!
Thanks for looking at this and keeping us informed!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I thought I'd put some Shutterstock music, video & photos (available in PDR365) through the Tess Ting process...

I chose a number of different themes & downloaded related music, video & photos... threw them together & uploaded to YouTube.

Theme: Action - Music: "Actionable"
Theme: Diving - Music: "Deep Dive"
Theme: Funny - Music: "Bohemian Comedy"
Theme: Lazy - Music: "Easy Bake Blues"
Theme: Success - Music: "Your Way to Success"
Theme: Nature - Music: "First Day of Spring"
Theme: Business - Music: "Business Meeting"
Theme: Drama - Music: "Drama Queen"
Theme: Flight - Music: "Edge of the Earth"

In total, I used the 9 music clips listed above, with 235 video clips & 198 photos.

After all that, I was disappointed to find that YouTube sent me not one single copyright notification. You'd think I'd have something to show for it. Nuffin' undecided

Based on that, it looks like the Shutterstock downloads aren't going to give you any copyright grief on YouTube.

Cheers - Tony
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Great, so based on your testing we might actually be winning the fight against unwarranted copyright strikes? It's still 2020 and good things like this aren't supposed to happen. What's next, an end to the pandemic? foot-in-mouth
ynotfish
[Post New]
Sorry optodata. Ending global pandemics is just a tad beyond Tess Ting's pay grade. frown

The recently released Holiday Jingles Volume 2 background music pack has been tested on YouTube with no copyright claims made for any of the 10 tracks.

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
All tracks from the most recently released Acoustic Guitar pack have been checked on YouTube with no copyright claims.

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
All tracks from Easy Listening Volume 2 & Interlude Music have been checked on YouTube with no copyright claims.

During the upload process, YouTube now has checks & notifications to alert users of potential issues...

Cheers - Tony
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for all the follow-up work you've been doing!

I sure hope YT's new system will be a reliable method for avoiding false copyright claims. It's so much better to know up front rather than being flagged months or years later.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for all the follow-up work you've been doing!

I sure hope YT's new system will be a reliable method for avoiding false copyright claims. It's so much better to know up front rather than being flagged months or years later.

I'm hoping for the best. We shall see how it works.

ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi Team -

You probably won't be surprised to learn that none of the tracks from the recently released News Room pack attracted a copyright alert when uploaded to YouTube on Tess Ting's channel.

Cheers - Tony
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Team -

You probably won't be surprised to learn that none of the tracks from the recently released News Room pack attracted a copyright alert when uploaded to YouTube on Tess Ting's channel.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks again, Tony.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
ynotfish
[Post New]
Hi All -

The 10 tracks from the Western background music pack have been uploaded to YouTube with no copyright claims being logged.

That means about the last 10 packs (~100 tracks) haven't been flagged by YouTube, which is making this process a bit superfluous. Ah well - nice to be super at something! laughing

Cheers - Tony
RickRick [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 21, 2021 14:22 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I got several claim for music titled "Change is Coming" by Dynamedion.

They said Copyrighted content: Hung Koon (纯音乐)Claimed by: [Merlin] EWway Music

I check for this song and they recently uploaded the song in youtube under their name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHroje7SLs

I already dispute this.

Anyone have the same experience?
optodata
[Post New]
Many songs seem to be released under more than one license, and with SmartSound clips I had to provide a link to the license to prove that I was authorized to use it in my video.

You should be able to successfully dispute the claims with a link to the PD19 license, although you may have to provide additional details like a screenshot showing the song in PD's library of licensed content.

Also, unless your YT channel is monetized you won't be affected in any way by these claims. YT will simply pay the claimant a small amount for each view (which is the whole reason they filed the claim).
RickRick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Many songs seem to be released under more than one license, and with SmartSound clips I had to provide a link to the license to prove that I was authorized to use it in my video.

You should be able to successfully dispute the claims with a link to the PD19 license, although you may have to provide additional details like a screenshot showing the song in PD's library of licensed content.

Also, unless your YT channel is monetized you won't be affected in any way by these claims. YT will simply pay the claimant a small amount for each view (which is the whole reason they filed the claim).

I monetized my channel. That's why I ned to dispute.

I didn't put this license in my dispute, but i use : http://www.smartsound.com/products/licenseinfo.html

I got the link from cyberlink Customer support : https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=12823
optodata
[Post New]
The SmartSound license should work. Good luck!
RickRick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The SmartSound license should work. Good luck!

Thanks.