Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Splitting video with speed already amended
Jaybo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2018 17:55 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
In the past it wasn't possible to split/trim a video on the timeline if the user had already amended the speed.

Then, magically it became possible and they lived happily ever after....

.... Until the wicked witch updated the app a couple of days ago and made it impossible to split a video again, IF that video had already had its speed altered.

See attached.

The only way to do it, is to revert the video to its original speed, then split the video, then change the speed again.

Which is an un-necessary, time consuming chore. It might not seem so bad if you only have to do one or two.

But what if you have lots of really short clips, that you have already slowed down, sat in your projects. Suddenly you are faced with a monstrosity of a task.

I don't know why they thought it was a good idea to roll back this improvement.

Can you use your influence to ask them to change it back please?

I have contacted customer support but I don't hold out much hope of getting any support from them. It's normally just a link to their FAQ's

Thanks
[Thumb - cyberpdmunabletosplit.jpg]
 Filename
cyberpdmunabletosplit.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
See the greyed out split function here
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Can you use your influence to ask them to change it back please?

I'm not sure who you're talking to. This is a user to user forum and we don't have any special access to Cyberlink. There is a forum moderator although I'm not clear on their role in relaying user reported issues and requests. I think it's better to use the direct method of using the FAQs & Send Feedback option.
Jaybo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh surrrrrre you don't have anything to do with Cyberlink.

Hmmmmm.

I notice that someone (who definitely isn't you, honest guvnor) has ALREADY resolved this issue in less than 24 hours.

Nice work.

Thank you (but not really you (nudge wink, say no more))
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Dude I have no clue what you're going off about.

I don't see that a new version of the app is available (it's still 7.3.0 on the Play Store, just like when I responded here) so I have no idea how you've determined that the issue is solved. You said you'd reported the issue to CL before posting here, so if anything has actually happened it's most likely due to your earlier message reaching the right people.

It's also possible that whatever was interfering with you being able to edit a speed-altered clip before was resolved after restarting the app. I rarely use the mobile app and didn't have an older project with a sped up/down clip to check so I can't verify the issue on my phone one way or the other.
Jaybo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes. I have 7.3.0 too. However, only a couple of days ago, the appearance changed slightly. It might be because I try to avoid updating apps unless I must.

The main difference being the way the choice of transitions loads up and a noticeably greater number of transitions to choose from.

I wish they had amended the maximum transition duration on some of them.

Thanks for your help.
Jaybo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey, it's lucky for me that somebody who deffo wasn't you fixed the problem.

I contacted the "support" team at Cyberlink and they said....