Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create Preset that uses Regional Adjustments
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Is it possible to create a preset that uses Regional Adjustments, such as gradient masks? It appears I can only create presets that contain Global Adjustment Tools. I'd like to create a preset that makes the sky bluer using a gradient mask.

Thanks
[Post New]
Hello BadWolf,

That's a noble idea, but I don't think it can be done.

When you apply a mask in Regional Adjustments, you can make manual adjustments but not apply presets, which apply globally.

That probably doesn't help you much undecided

PIX PIX YouTube channel
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello BadWolf,

That's a noble idea, but I don't think it can be done.

When you apply a mask in Regional Adjustments, you can make manual adjustments but not apply presets, which apply globally.

That probably doesn't help you much undecided

PIX

Hehe... That's what I figured. I guess I understand it, since regional adjustments only affect part of an image, whereas global affects the entire, so maybe it's not possible to create presets that only apply to certain parts of the image. I'm just trying to find a time saver for some common masks I use, such as gradient horizontal masks that I use to make the sky bluer, etc.. I take a lot of soccer pictures so I end up usign the same adjustments over and over, and it gets difficult to replicate them exactly when I have to manually do them on each clip/photo.
[Post New]
Without knowing which version of PhD you're using, it may help you to use "Copy Adjustment Settings" to apply to other photos. Gradient masks would still need to be applied to each photo.

PIX PIX YouTube channel