Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Right-Click accuracy on timeline
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I have a clip on the timeline that I want to add a freeze frame to. I pause the video where I want it. Then, I would right-click on the timeline and goto Edit Video > Freeze Frame.

Problem is, how do I accurately click on the timeline? So I pause the clip, I see the exact second and frame it is paused at. However, to right-click I have to move off the timeline marker intot he timeline itself to right-click. For those of use with not so steady hands, how do I ensure that where I right-click is the exact point in time i want?

I mean, after I insert the freeze frame, I can obviosly move the frame to the correct timestamp that I wanted, or use a marker. Just wondering if there was an easier way.

thanks!
[Thumb - Untitled-1.JPG]
 Filename
Untitled-1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
The freeze frame is added at the current timeline scrubber position and has nothing to do with where one right mouse clicks on the timeline for the contextual menu to apply a freeze frame. You could define a custom hotkey to "Freeze Frame" and then type that key sequence vs using the mouse if that's preferred.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I agree and I've added Ctrl+Alt+S for the Freeze Frame command.

When typed, PD will take a screenshot at the playhead location, split the existing clip on the selected track and insert the new image with the default duration while pushing the downstream tracks to the right automatically.

That one hotkey saves 4-5 manual steps, depending on whether you have the "don't prompt" to confirm the screenshot's file name option checked or not.

If you make any custom hotkeys, be sure to save the .pdh file so you can import it into newer versions of PD when they're released. I just noticed that PD19 didn't automatically load my "May 2019" hot key set so I had to import it to get my custom keys working again.
BadWolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The freeze frame is added at the current timeline scrubber position and has nothing to do with where one right mouse clicks on the timeline for the contextual menu to apply a freeze frame. You could define a custom hotkey to "Freeze Frame" and then type that key sequence vs using the mouse if that's preferred.

Jeff

I didn't realize that, that is very helpful to know. Thank you
BadWolf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I agree and I've added Ctrl+Alt+S for the Freeze Frame command.

When typed, PD will take a screenshot at the playhead location, split the existing clip on the selected track and insert the new image with the default duration while pushing the downstream tracks to the right automatically.

That one hotkey saves 4-5 manual steps, depending on whether you have the "don't prompt" to confirm the screenshot's file name option checked or not.

If you make any custom hotkeys, be sure to save the .pdh file so you can import it into newer versions of PD when they're released. I just noticed that PD19 didn't automatically load my "May 2019" hot key set so I had to import it to get my custom keys working again.

i totally forgot about using custom keyboard shortcuts. Excellent option , thank you.