Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
YouCam9 SAVE SETTINGS
TampaPix [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2020 15:21 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded the free version of YouCam9 for my PC, Windows 10. All features working but if I customize settings such as exposure, zoom, brightness, filter, etc, and apply them, I have to reset them each time after I finish using it and close out. If I purchase it, will the registered version permanently save these settings?

Also, do these settings only adjust what I see or will my other parties also see the effects when doing live webcam with them?
Thanks.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I downloaded the free version of YouCam9 for my PC, Windows 10. All features working but if I customize settings such as exposure, zoom, brightness, filter, etc, and apply them, I have to reset them each time after I finish using it and close out. If I purchase it, will the registered version permanently save these settings?

Also, do these settings only adjust what I see or will my other parties also see the effects when doing live webcam with them?
Thanks.

Answer you questions

1. My YouCam can keep those adjusted settings. No matter how many times I reboot PC or YouCam. Not sure why yours can't

2. Yes, the viewer can see the effects as long as you choose YouCam as the camera you use in your live webcam software. There will be a YouCam panel for you to apply effects.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2020 02:35

LizardBoy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2021 23:08 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
What is needed, badly, is the ability to save different sets of settings. When I'm recording during the day with window light versus in the evening with LED lighting.

And yes, sometimes the settings do seem to change on their own!
SAMMM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 18:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Have this same issues. Latest version of YouCam 9, Windows 10. Any settings adjusted in the Advanced settings options. Specifically the exposure settings. What Exposure is set to under Camera Control in the Advanced settings will be reset to auto when the YouCam 9 application is closed and re-opened. The auto checkbox remains unchecked, but the Exposure setting that was applied before will automatically change regardless.

The only way around it is to keep the YouCam 9 app always open, which is absolutely not ideal.

I've used other webcam applications and they save their settings fine. YouCam 9's Exposure settings resets to auto when the app is launched.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2021 19:12

Fdj [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2021 18:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Any update on this? I purchased this software and it is frustrating to have my settings reseted every time I close it. A Save Preset or some similar option would really be useful to save different Exposure/Brightness/Contrast settings according to the lighting during the day.