Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Capture + Webcam
SagiKarni [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2019 02:23 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I'm trying to capture screen along with a webcam.
However, Power Director does not seems to identify my webcam in the screen recorder option.
When I'm trying to capture webcam only - PowerDirector has not issues.
When it's along with screen capture I see only an option to connect the USB camera.

https://www.loom.com/share/5f01215e9f7d4510bdc2050c8d304936

Any suggestions?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the video. I see what you're trying to do by running ScreenRecorder and PD at the same time, but that's not a good way to handle your situation.

I don't know why you're using the very old, plain SR in the video. SR4 comes with the new PD and it has a built-in option to record a webcam and the screen at the same time. You don't need to use PD at all.
SagiKarni [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2019 02:23 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the video. I see what you're trying to do by running ScreenRecorder and PD at the same time, but that's not a good way to handle your situation.

I don't know why you're using the very old, plain SR in the video. SR4 comes with the new PD and it has a built-in option to record a webcam and the screen at the same time. You don't need to use PD at all.

Sorry, I do not know what is "SR" (and what is SR4 ?)
I'm using PowerDirector 365. DO I need to upgrade It in some way in order to record screen and webcam at the same time ?
Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
SR = Screen Recorder and it comes with your 365 subscription

If you look in the plugins menu, you'll see an option for it.
[Thumb - Ashampoo_Snap_26 September 2020_09h06m04s_001_.png]
 Filename
Ashampoo_Snap_26 September 2020_09h06m04s_001_.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Sorry, I do not know what is "SR" (and what is SR4 ?)
I'm using PowerDirector 365. DO I need to upgrade It in some way in order to record screen and webcam at the same time ?

Hi,
SR=Screen Recorder

As an experiment, I duplicated your process with PDR365 Business 2104 and SR 2.1.0.7615 to do a simultaneous recording of webcam input with PDR capture and full screen capture from SR.

Both accessed my webcam and I could record seperate files from the webcam and a full screen from SR, so technically it is possible with those versions.

With SR4 you can do both within one package, just resize and position your webcam window appropriately, otherwise it may just sit on top of your screen capture!

Cheers
PoweerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 26. 2020 04:31

amehmood73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2021 03:46 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi could anyone know how to view the outcome of the webcam while screen recording in the Cyberlink PowerDirector, the screen recording does record the webcam but I cannot see myself?
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,
I'm trying to capture screen along with a webcam.
However, Power Director does not seems to identify my webcam in the screen recorder option.
When I'm trying to capture webcam only - PowerDirector has not issues.
When it's along with screen capture I see only an option to connect the USB camera.

https://www.loom.com/share/5f01215e9f7d4510bdc2050c8d304936

Any suggestions?

What happens when you actually select "USB Video Device". COuld that be the name for your webcam?
You will not see yourself while it is recording. You can select the preview button to the right on the webcam preferences screen to see a preview of what it will look like after it is recorded.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 22. 2021 21:30