Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video in Reverse
Svein Alec [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 24, 2012 15:41 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
The "Video in reverse" option under Tools no longer works on my PD365. Strange, becuase it did the other day.

Any suggestions how to fix this issue?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The "Video in reverse" option under Tools no longer works on my PD365. Strange, becuase it did the other day.

Any suggestions how to fix this issue?

Hi,
A bit more information, please.

The Video in Reverse option is selectable in the drop down?

The video does not reverse when selected, the icon does not appear?

The video doesn't play in reverse if selected?

Is the problem only with a specific clip or with all clips? Does it work with one of the sample clips?

The more specific info you can give will allow members to help out quickly.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Svein Alec [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,
A bit more information, please.

The Video in Reverse option is selectable in the drop down?

The video does not reverse when selected, the icon does not appear?

The video doesn't play in reverse if selected?

Is the problem only with a specific clip or with all clips? Does it work with one of the sample clips?

The more specific info you can give will allow members to help out quickly.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

The option is selectable as attatchment shows. The shot in the timeline is selected howvever the 'reverse' option results in no effect.

I have selected several clips, shutterstock media included. Cretated new workspace and project. Restarted both PD365 and the my PC. All to no avail.
[Thumb - video in reverse.JPG]
 Filename
video in reverse.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
23 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The tool works as expected for me, both audio and video are reversed. Can you try switching OpenCL on/off from the Preferences | Hardware Acceleration menu? You may want to close and reopen PD after changing the setting.
Svein Alec [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The tool works as expected for me, both audio and video are reversed. Can you try switching OpenCL on/off from the Preferences | Hardware Acceleration menu? You may want to close and reopen PD after changing the setting.

Tried your suggestion but it didn't help. It's strange how the reverse option worked normally a few days ago, but suddenly ceased to function I'm wondering whether it may help to reinstall PD.

Thanks for the tip anyhow

Svein
Svein Alec [Avatar]
[Post New]
For those interested....

Having performed the 'Video in reverse' funtion that seemingly doesn't work, simply do an 'UNDO' (Ctrl + Z) and hey presto, video in reverse is applied to the footage.

Works for me at least!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2020 10:23

don carlos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 10, 2012 09:04 Messages: 28 Offline
[Post New]
Quote For those interested....

Having performed the 'Video in reverse' funtion that seemingly doesn't work, simply do an 'UNDO' (Ctrl + Z) and hey presto, video in reverse is applied to the footage.

Works for me at least!

Yep, this works indeed. Really funny!