Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio out of sync with capture feature
Harmen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 01, 2018 15:29 Messages: 37 Offline
[Post New]
When I use the capture feature in PD19 (by pressing alt-F9) to capture my webcam video with external mic (Yeti X) the result is a video in which the video & audio are out of sync. I have a RTX2080 video card and a AMD Ryzen 7 2700X processor with 32GB of memory. I have the same issue with my laptop that has lesser specifications. The settings for the recording are 1920x180 30 fps.

What also annoys me is that I have to change the settings every time I have start the capture feature: it always starts with a very outdated 640x480 resolution, and I first have to press the Settings button, change the settings there, and then press profile so select the required profile with the right settings as well. Is there any way to change the default settings.

But the audio out-of-sync is more of my concern. Does anyone else have this problem?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 24. 2020 05:32

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I suggest using the bundled ScreenRecorder4. That's the better app for doing this, and it also remembers your settings, gives you much more control over your recordings and can animate mouse clicks onscreen to make them more visible.
Harmen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I suggest using the bundled ScreenRecorder4. That's the better app for doing this, and it also remembers your settings, gives you much more control over your recordings and can animate mouse clicks onscreen to make them more visible.

Thanks, but I didn't find a way to turn off the screen recording in that program. I only want to record the webcam + mic
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You should easily be able to do that by choosing to record either Lock to App or Device:

You may need to change some settings (blue square) to make sure you've got SR4 using the correct inputs.
Harmen [Avatar]
[Post New]
I got the webcam to work, but now the audio from my mic is not recording, even though the level meter shows it is picking up sound. There is no sound in the resulting video.
[Thumb - Untitled.png]
 Filename
Untitled.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
65 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
How are you viewing the recorded video? If it's inside PD, the sound might be turned off. Check the speaker symbol on the previewing control bar and make sure PD is set to real-time preview.

If it's with a media player and you can hear audio from other clips, import the clip into PD's media library and right click on it. Choose Properties and see what's shown in the Audio section.
Harmen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote How are you viewing the recorded video? If it's inside PD, the sound might be turned off. Check the speaker symbol on the previewing control bar and make sure PD is set to real-time preview.

If it's with a media player and you can hear audio from other clips, import the clip into PD's media library and right click on it. Choose Properties and see what's shown in the Audio section.

I checked it both with a media player and in PD and in both there is no sound. In PD there is no soundwave showing on the audio track so I assume there is no audio recorded.
optodata
[Post New]
Please read this post and see if it helps.