Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
uncheck Return to clip/movie beginning after preview - not working for me
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I check preferences > editing > and uncheck "Return to clip/movie beginning after preview"

However when I hit stop after previewing, it still returns to the beginning of the movie, regardless of if i am in clip or movie mode.

Can anyone else reproduce?cool
[Thumb - cp.jpg]
 Filename
cp.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
screenshot
 Filesize
25 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That setting only applies when you reach the end of a clip when previewing. Checking the box means you want the playhead to immediately return to the beginning of the clip (when in Clip mode) or timeline (when in Movie mode) once the end of the clip is reached.

If the box is unchecked, the playhead will stop at the end of the clip and remain there.

The only setting that affects what happens when you click Stop is Switch to movie mode automatically during playback.

If that box is checked, PD will always switch to movie mode so the playhead won't stop at clip boundaries and will always snap to the start of the timeline when you click Stop.

When that setting is unchecked and you start in Clip mode, clicking Stop will return the playhead to the start of that clip.

The way to keep the playhead where it is when you want to stop previewing is to use the Pause button (or tap spacebar).
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Ah ok, the feature is different than what I was thinking in my head. Thank you for clarifying !
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The stop button has always placed the cursor back to the beginning. Place the cursor where you want by clicking the mouse.