Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where are the background images?
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
In PD 18 background images was a part of the media library. I can't find that option in PD 19, see attachments. Aren't they available, and if so, where do I find them on my computer so that I can import them into PD 19?
[Thumb - Media library PD19.png]
 Filename
Media library PD19.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Media library PD18.png]
 Filename
Media library PD18.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In PD 18 background images was a part of the media library. I can't find that option in PD 19, see attachments. Aren't they available, and if so, where do I find them on my computer so that I can import them into PD 19?

Hi,

Check out the UI update help:
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/19/enu/01_01_02_whats_different.html

Scroll down to below the 2nd set of images:

"Note: background images must now be manually imported by going to the following installed folder:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector19\Background."

Hope that helps,
PowerDirector Moderator
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]

Hi,

Check out the UI update help:
https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/19/enu/01_01_02_whats_different.html

Scroll down to below the 2nd set of images:

"Note: background images must now be manually imported by going to the following installed folder:
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector19\Background."

Hope that helps,
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks!
prevaljo [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 01, 2017 22:19 Messages: 105 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Team,

So I followed the post to find the "Background Images", but how do you now create a permanent folder under Media Content , Colour Boards etc called "Background Images" to hold the images permanently so they are available every time you open a new project.

I have managed to create a "folder/tag" under the Media Content etc, and imported the images which does populate the "Media Content" folder and the newly created "folder/tag". But I can't seem to make it a default setting for the program. The images need to be reloaded every time you start open the program again or start a new project.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote But I can't seem to make it a default setting for the program. The images need to be reloaded every time you start open the program again or start a new project.

That's because PD19/365 doesn't have a hard-coded link to Background Images for some reason.

When they moved the original items to the new location, BI was left out and you can't access any of the 42 supplied images (arranged into 4 different aspect ratios) unless you browse to the specified folder location and then import them as regular clips.

As you've discovered, imported images are only saved with the specific project they were imported for and there's no way to make them permanent.

You can import all your desired background images and export them as a library, similar to what was discussed here; but it seems like this should be reported as a bug so PD can be patched to access those clips as intended.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2020 18:27

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote but it seems like this should be reported as a bug so PD can be patched to access those clips as intended.

Hard to believe a bug as CL documents exactly how to manually imported them in the docs as explained and shown by PDM.

Maybe a suggestion to return to prior approach but it was obviously design intent, no bug.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Obviously I'm missing something then. I can copy images to the folder shown in the doc but I don't see where those images are accessable from within PD. None of my new images show up as downloaded, and importing a clip (with any library selected) only brings it in as an imported clip.

How would one "import" a clip to the Background Images folder and have it be available for all future projects?