Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to play Youtube videos in PowerDVD 19 version even with the updated patch
rakesh217 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2020 13:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
My powerDVD 19 version unable to play youtube videos. But playing well incase of youtube live videos i.e. live news streaming or any live streaming video. But when i play regular Youtube videos it is giving me ''Cyberlink PowerDVD cannot play this video. Please watch it on browser".

I dont understand what seems to be the problem. How can it plays live videos but not regular youtube videos.
Is there any setting for this?. Or is it my system problem? (I don't think so because every 1080p video on my harddrive is playing well).

I have updated it to new patch. But still the problem persisits. Have you guys encountered this?. Any solution?
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
This happens because YouTube updates its API key, usually for videos from Vevo, etc. that rely heavily on advertising. You'll have to wait for another update for version 19 to get the new API key.

Dave