Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Masking issue
LidiaKotlova [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 13, 2020 22:57 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, as I upgraded mine to PD 19, I started experiencing masking issues. For example, if I increase the feather radius, mask gets twrown out of focus completely. Previously, it would just blur the edges but now applying masks became impossible.

Please, help
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Can you please show us what you are doing, by sending a picture of the feather situation, or (even better) a small screen recording of the steps you take. So that we can replay what you do and give feedback?
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi, as I upgraded mine to PD 19, I started experiencing masking issues. For example, if I increase the feather radius, mask gets twrown out of focus completely. Previously, it would just blur the edges but now applying masks became impossible.

Please, help

Are these masks from previous projects imported into PD or does this occur when creating the mask from scratch?
LidiaKotlova [Avatar]
[Post New]
New masks, will send the video in a while

Are these masks from previous projects imported into PD or does this occur when creating the mask from scratch?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've seen the issue and when I was making a screen recording it disappeared. Try this: When you first open the Pask Designer, place the first rectangular mask like this:

Then place another mask, and when you adjust the feathering it will only affect the inner edges of the second mask instead of affecting the outside edges of the frame.

On my test system, I didn't even save these changes and yet it works normally now and I can't get the original issue to appear. You may also need to turn of OpenCL under hardware Acceleration, but once the mask is working as expected it doesn't seem to matter if that's enabled or not.
LidiaKotlova [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for your detailed reply. It happens when I do a custom brush mask. I will try to add some videos or screen shots to show

Quote I've seen the issue and when I was making a screen recording it disappeared. Try this: When you first open the Pask Designer, place the first rectangular mask like this:

Then place another mask, and when you adjust the feathering it will only affect the inner edges of the second mask instead of affecting the outside edges of the frame.

On my test system, I didn't even save these changes and yet it works normally now and I can't get the original issue to appear. You may also need to turn of OpenCL under hardware Acceleration, but once the mask is working as expected it doesn't seem to matter if that's enabled or not.