Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Producing a small amount of a project
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
It's often useful to be able to render/produce a small amount of a project file - for test and analysis purposes; an ability to mark the start and end of the part of the project file desired for rendering.
That sort of facility is available in other editors, and having just

• looked at the PD18 produce page in some detail looking for this

• read the PD18 user guide, again looking for the same

it doesn't look like PD can do this. Prima facie, it's produce the whole project, or nothing.

Am I correct, or is there something I'm missing?

Update
I extracted this (from a manual I have left over) to illustrate the point: screenshot
[Thumb - Create video from trimmed range.jpg]
 Filename
Create video from trimmed range.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
55 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2020 19:57

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It's called Range Selection and Produce Range. Here's the location in the Help (F1) pages.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I was typing when optodata answered first. Here is a 10 sec. tutorial from the same author that may clarify what can be done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUTIWs_VwOU .
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
OK, just another instance of doing it differently.

I found that video clip (link) more understandable than the F1 section. And experimenting - having chosen the range in edit/timeline and clicked on the produce range button, there's nothing in the produce page which opens that indicates a range limitation has been selected. Doing it straight up, that shouldn't be an issue, but with interruptions? Go back to edit and do it over, all at once.

Thanks guys.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I found that video clip (link) more understandable than the F1 section. And experimenting - having chosen the range in edit/timeline and clicked on the produce range button, there's nothing in the produce page which opens that indicates a range limitation has been selected.

In that 10 sec. Video tutorial, a 7 min 41 sec range was created out of a 1 hr 25 min. timeline. See that changing number under the preview window. In the produce page, the same 7 min. 41 sec. appear under the produce window. That is how one would know that it is 7 min. 41 sec. Range to produce. Looking at small details can help...
Davidk101
[Post New]
Ah. And here I was thinking that those produce counters were the start and stop points.
Still learning . . .