Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Location of DZP, DZM and DZT files within Powerdirector
eton27 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2008 01:51 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I have a situation that I have not been able to resolve easily. I have my computer with PowerDirector 18 and I am thinking of purchasing PowerDirector 19 and installing it on a different computer. Trouble is, I would like to know where all the effects, titles and particles that I have downloaded over the years are stored on the PD18 installation in order to have them be usable on the PD19 installation, without having to track each effect down and re-downloading it. Any tips on where to find the installed titles, particles and menus on the PD18 install and move them to the PD19 machine? Thanks in advance for any insights.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
First off, please read over this recent post which describes many related issues.

If you had downloaded the various DZP, DZM, etc. files before installing them on your PD18 machine, they should all still be in your Downloads folder. You can simply copy them to your new system and install them in the same order that you downloaded them - from oldest to newest (if possible).

If instead you tended to install them directly from the webpage, the installer files would have gone to a temp folder and are long gone. If you simply want to use those items in future projects, you can download and install them as needed on your new system.

If your goal is to be able to open older projects and work with them, your best bet would be to clone your entire C:\ drive and install it on your new setup. Note that doing so will likely mess with the Windows activation on your new computer so make sure you have the current (and probably OEM) Windows product key saved in a safe location.

However, that will preserve all downloaded items in their exact environment and will allow you to open older PDS projects with all effects and downloaded items in place.
eton27 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 21, 2008 01:51 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote First off, please read over this recent post which describes many related issues.

If you had downloaded the various DZP, DZM, etc. files before installing them on your PD18 machine, they should all still be in your Downloads folder. You can simply copy them to your new system and install them in the same order that you downloaded them - from oldest to newest (if possible).

If instead you tended to install them directly from the webpage, the installer files would have gone to a temp folder and are long gone. If you simply want to use those items in future projects, you can download and install them as needed on your new system.

If your goal is to be able to open older projects and work with them, your best bet would be to clone your entire C:\ drive and install it on your new setup. Note that doing so will likely mess with the Windows activation on your new computer so make sure you have the current (and probably OEM) Windows product key saved in a safe location.

However, that will preserve all downloaded items in their exact environment and will allow you to open older PDS projects with all effects and downloaded items in place.

Thanks for the response. I have since discovered that there is a folder in Users/Public/Cyberlink where all the assets from downloaded particles, titles and transitions are stored, and sure enough, moving this folder to the new machine with the new PD19 installation moved all of the assets from PD18 to the new machine! Hopefully this will help someone else with the same issue.
Thanks again.
Jason Gerard Ramos [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2020 11:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
What's the folder location of the DZRT files? Need to know, since I want to download new transitions. Thanks.

Quote First off, please read over this recent post which describes many related issues.

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What's the folder location of the DZRT files? Need to know, since I want to download new transitions. Thanks.

Since you asked, the downloaded transitions from DirectorZone will go to your common downlod folder.

Once installed goes to it is in your pc folder

C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Transitions

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 14. 2021 16:36

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Since you asked the downloaded transitions, it is in your pc folder
C:\Users\”your pc”\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\19.0\MyTrans

That would be the location of created or modified custom transition files. Eton27 last post on this thread has the right answer. You just need to continue to the Downloaded Transition folder where you find folders named Transition starting with the 001 suffix.