Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Poor Customer Support
Paul Bunion [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2009 19:17 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I've submitted 3 problem tickets since buying PowerDirector 8. They are all different and yet Customer Service sends me the same instructions for solving the problem. It seems they only have one canned response no matter what the problem is and that is what the post for the customer to go by. Makes me wonder if there is anybody in Customer Service who first of all reads and understands English and second who knows anything about computers. I don't think so.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 11. 2009 21:46

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hey there,

Sorry you are having problems with PD8. If you give a detailed description of the 3 problems you are having, someone might be able to assist you in this forum. Hey, even I might be able to come up with an answer.

I know having a problem can be very frustrating, but offering more information would give us some ammo to figure out the solution.

I have been very pleased with this software thus far.

Look forward to your reply!!

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Paul Bunion [Avatar]
[Post New]
Some of the worst customer service I've ever run into. Is it third world or do they just hire ex-burger flippers?
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Again, the way to get help is to explain what the problem is. Continuing down your current path will only get your threads locked, and still no help. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Members here are willing to help, you only need to ask.

Kevin
[Post New]
Jaime;
He was complaining about the fact that he can not get Technical support at CYBERLINK to understand his problem, clearly enough to respond with anything but a "canned" response.

I agree with him, CYBERLINK often responds with "off-the-wall-advice" or scripted answers that do not help solve the problem.

A little venting is good for the soul!!!

Paul Bunion;
Which world are you in? I also have flipped burgers in the past.

Have you tried asking the question here regarding the problem with Powerdirector? These guys have probably seen the problem before and, at very least, can tell you if THEY succeeded in fixing it.

I, also, have been satisfied overall with the product, but there are currently SOME issues with Powerdirector8 that we are all struggling with. We are waiting for a patch from CYBERLINK for some issues (maybe yours). Want to share??.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Oct 11. 2009 23:38

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Paul -

In case you din't get what Fred, Kevin and Jaime have so kindly put to you...

1. Tell the forum what the problem is - no - no - not your problem with Cyberlink - your problem with PD8. The people here know about PD8, but can't help you out with Cyberlink. Right now, a few people have shown an interest... but none of us knows what your problem is!

2. Throwing your weight around being insulting won't help at all. A mate of mine owns a take away shop and flips burgers... he also writes music & poetry, sings like an angel, builds "arty" furniture and edits music videos... nothing much wrong with THAT burger flipper.

3. If I wanted to insult Fred or Kevin or Jaime, I would do that to them. I don't. The point is there's no point feebly insulting CyberLink people here. We are NOT Cyberlink.

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Paul Bunion,

Here is my "stock answer" and a guide to those who need to be able to articulate an editor's response!

You can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images/files can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important

I expect your next post to be of a far higher calibre and one that acknowledges members contributions.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

The name Bunion - I looked it up and there is no actual source for that last name. However I wonder if it is the misspelling and a derivative of the name Benion and that's from "ab Enion" son of Enion. Just an extra thought.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2009 04:03

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
There was a lumberjack named Paul Bunyan... and the next bit about hallus valgus has been edited to avoid offense.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2009 04:21

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
[Post New]
Maybe that is why Paul Bunion named himself that way..Hallux Valgus is a bunion..correct??!..

Paul;
Very humorous nom de plume you have there!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2009 14:58

Paul Bunion [Avatar]
[Post New]
My point is that customer support doesn't take the time to thoroughly read and understand the problem. They read the first few words, jump to the conclusion that they know what the problem is, and then send a canned response. Then they move on the the next one.

I have sent in 3 problems since upgrading to version 8 and I got the same response to all 3 problems even though each of them is completely different. The only one that the response was suitable for was the first one which was about the program crashing when I tried to move a video clip from one place on the time line to another place. But the canned response was not appropriate to the other two problems.

Thanks for all of your comments. I will hope that the first patch update will make things work better.
ynotfish
[Post New]
OK Paul -

Is your crash issue resolved? You say CL's advice was appropriate. Did it work?

What are the other 2 problems to which you refer?

Cheers - Tony

Fred - your knowledge of Latin medical terms is very good...
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
My curiousity was certainly peaked by what the problems were. Let's not end it with a premature Fade to Black without sharing what the problems are.

It is quite likely that other members might benefit from knowing what the problems and solutions are.

Happy Editing,

Kevin

P.S. I must say that I had to Google that specific Latin/ Medical term!! hahahahaha
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Paul,
The lack of information provided by you doesn't exactly resolve the matter for members or answer why you are questioning online supports' response to you! Having made the accusation you are obliged to provide the evidence.

Please provide the support reference numbers so I can request to have the matter fully investigated by CyberLink.

I am concerned at the responses provided to you.

Dafydd
[Moderator]