Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
BD Disc and chapters without menu links
BendingUnit22 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2019 18:21 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I am moving from Pinnacle Studio and seem to have an issue with recreating my recent disk menus. I watched the tutorials and played a bit but can't seem to figure this one out.

I have a root menu with two text links. Play all and events. Play all will start at the beginning and return at the end. Events will open a second menu with 4 text links with a little icon for select / active next to it.

Bars, Beam, Floor, and Vault. These will go to the start of the event and play then return to the submenu.

Here is the part I can't seem to get. In each event there are 10+ athletes that compete. I want to have a chapter marker placed so that you can press next / previous to navigate between the athletes. I do not want menu links for these athlete chapters. Any ideas how to do this?

Cheers
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am moving from Pinnacle Studio and seem to have an issue with recreating my recent disk menus. I watched the tutorials and played a bit but can't seem to figure this one out.

I have a root menu with two text links. Play all and events. Play all will start at the beginning and return at the end. Events will open a second menu with 4 text links with a little icon for select / active next to it.

Bars, Beam, Floor, and Vault. These will go to the start of the event and play then return to the submenu.

Here is the part I can't seem to get. In each event there are 10+ athletes that compete. I want to have a chapter marker placed so that you can press next / previous to navigate between the athletes. I do not want menu links for these athlete chapters. Any ideas how to do this?

Cheers

You can do this in PS9 and below. You don’t need chapters at all. You need separate titles for each Bars, Beam, Floor, and Vault event. You need to create separate projects with a menu for each of the four (BBFV) events. You can then produce each of the titles separately for Bars, Same for the other 3. Each of the 4 projects can have other projects or the produced related titles(preferred). You add these other projects and titles in the Create disc/Content tab.

You can create multi level menus just like in earlier PS. Use Titles not chapters as shown in the tutorials. Choose the option to play the selected title only and return to the menu if that is desired.

You need to explain what it means to navigate between the athletes without a menu link. Try the No menu option and test on a BD-RE..
BendingUnit22 [Avatar]
[Post New]

You can do this in PS9 and below. You don’t need chapters at all. You need separate titles for each Bars, Beam, Floor, and Vault event. You need to create separate projects with a menu for each of the four (BBFV) events. You can then produce each of the titles separately for Bars, Same for the other 3. Each of the 4 projects can have other projects or the produced related titles(preferred). You add these other projects and titles in the Create disc/Content tab.

You can create multi level menus just like in earlier PS. Use Titles not chapters as shown in the tutorials. Choose the option to play the selected title only and return to the menu if that is desired.

You need to explain what it means to navigate between the athletes without a menu link. Try the No menu option and test on a BD-RE..

Thanks for the information.

I think I am closer to getting it dialed in. For the athlete navigation example:

On the timeline I have the following clips for Floor (timeline section or separate project)
IASASASASASAS (I=Intro title, A= Athlete clip, S=Score Title)

The disc menu link for floor would start before the first I and return to the calling menu after the last S.

M1-IASASASASASAS-RM1
I can do this with a chapter in a project or additional clips in the content section of PD disc.

Here is my problem part:
Between the S and A I would like a chapter marker. This would allow the next / previous chapter buttons on the disc player or in VLC to move between the athletes. So for parents jumping through 15 gymnasts to find their kids in 4 events and awards will be significantly easier.

M1-IASCASCASCASCASCAS RM1

However I do not want to have PD create 30 menus for this. I have added a pic to a google drive to illustrate. That is if I got the sharing correct.

The file PS Ex1.png is a sample of how I did it in Pinnacle. The blue chapter markers are set as not linked to menus.

Google Drive

Cheers
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote On the timeline I have the following clips for Floor (timeline section or separate project)
IASASASASASAS (I=Intro title, A= Athlete clip, S=Score Title)

The disc menu link for floor would start before the first I and return to the calling menu after the last S.

M1-IASASASASASAS-RM1
I can do this with a chapter in a project or additional clips in the content section of PD disc.

Here is my problem part:
Between the S and A I would like a chapter marker. This would allow the next / previous chapter buttons on the disc player or in VLC to move between the athletes. So for parents jumping through 15 gymnasts to find their kids in 4 events and awards will be significantly easier.

M1-IASCASCASCASCASCAS RM1

However I do not want to have PD create 30 menus for this. I have added a pic to a google drive to illustrate. That is if I got the sharing correct.

The file PS Ex1.png is a sample of how I did it in Pinnacle. The blue chapter markers are set as not linked to menus.

Google Drive

Cheers

On each of the four projects, use chapters instead of titles. That will work. On VLC you will not get a chapter name but will in PowerDVD or in a standalone disc player.
BendingUnit22 [Avatar]
[Post New]

On each of the four projects, use chapters instead of titles. That will work. On VLC you will not get a chapter name but will in PowerDVD or in a standalone disc player.

That works except it makes a 3rd level of menus.

I can create the root menu with 2 links. Play all (plays entire disc and returns) and events (goes to sub menu)

I can create a sub menu with 6 links. Each title (bars, beam etc.) is on here. However when this menu items are selected it goes to a third menu.

This 3rd menu has the chapters. If the first item is selected it will play the title and return. Is there any way to keep the chapters on the disk but not create this menu. Just have the second menu link play the movie.

Then with the remote be able to hit next for each athlete via a chapter that is not in any menu but on the disc.

Here is the part from the pinnacle manual that i am trying to replicate in PD

Create unlinked chapter:
Unless the timeline scrubber is exactly positioned at a chapter or return
marker, clicking this button will add a chapter marker to the Chapter
Track, but will not link it to any menu. An unlinked chapter can also be
created by double-clicking in the Chapter Track area just above the
other timeline tracks.

The unlinked chapter can later be manually linked by drag-and-drop to a
button on the Menu Preview if that’s what you want. However, an unlinked
chapter also serves a useful purpose in its own right: during playback,
it will work to jump through your disc using the jump button on your remote control.

Thanks
[Thumb - Menu.PNG]
 Filename
Menu.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Structure
 Filesize
40 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25. 2020 19:47

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
This extremely old thread may give you some ideas, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14774.page#post_box_71322

Jeff
BendingUnit22 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This extremely old thread may give you some ideas, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/14774.page#post_box_71322

Jeff

It looks like currently there is a work around to hide a menu button off the screen but not to create chapter markers on a disk that do not have a linked menu item. It would be awesome if you could select the chapters on the timeline or in the menu editor and designate them as non-linked. The menu templates would still pick up the normal chapters as they do now and create the menu structure.

Just trying to get my head around the PD way of doing things while moving from Pinnacle.

Thanks for all the help.

Cheers