Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
fx preview
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
I've seen many posts on this and was wondering if this feature has been added to PD 19.... When you select an fx thumbnail, it shows the generic spinning wheel,etc in the preview window. The only way to see the effect with your video is to actually apply it to the timeline.

Is there a way yet to preview an FX without adding it to the timeline?
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
In some cases, I see different behavior when I switch on and off the “Enable OpenCL technology to speed up…. In the Hardware Acceleration tab of the preferences.
However, irrespective of this setting I see the spinning balloon and also a preview of the effect selected. Don’t you?
This is indeed not a preview of the effect applied to the clip. I don’t know any way of previewing the effect on the clip. What I consider a faster way to getting a better preview of the effect rather than apply it to the whole clip (and the hassle of removing it again) is to drag the effect to the FX line under the track in the timeline. It can simply be removed from there too.
Now as of version 19 there is no FX track anymore. You have to manually insert it, by selecting Add Tracks from a menu that opens when you right click in the timeline.
BadWolf [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 10, 2015 09:45 Messages: 126 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In some cases, I see different behavior when I switch on and off the “Enable OpenCL technology to speed up…. In the Hardware Acceleration tab of the preferences.
However, irrespective of this setting I see the spinning balloon and also a preview of the effect selected. Don’t you?
This is indeed not a preview of the effect applied to the clip. I don’t know any way of previewing the effect on the clip. What I consider a faster way to getting a better preview of the effect rather than apply it to the whole clip (and the hassle of removing it again) is to drag the effect to the FX line under the track in the timeline. It can simply be removed from there too.
Now as of version 19 there is no FX track anymore. You have to manually insert it, by selecting Add Tracks from a menu that opens when you right click in the timeline.

Ah, dragging the fx to the timeline to preview would work. I had forgotten about that since the fx track was removed by default. Thanks!