Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD19 Ultimate question
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Once the chaos of the download situation is resolved, I'll be interested to know how stable or buggy the stand alone version of PD 19 Ultimate is. I like some of the new features, but I'm not going to pay $140 for a buggy mess. With Cyberlink, history tells us to wait a few months. smile
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
If you have a choice, or have important editing work to do: I would recommend to wait until the first patch has arrived.
Look at the forum so far, a number of questions about behavior, some -it must be said- due to the changes and simplifications in the UI, others were clearly waiting for the wider audience testing.
So far working with 19 after a ca 9 hours download period, I have experienced a number of program crashes, some even without PD to catch the error and allow reporting... (I have reported those back to CL with error information retrieved from system level).
Having said that, my general impression is that the program works fairly well.
TDK1044 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 11, 2019 12:27 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you have a choice, or have important editing work to do: I would recommend to wait until the first patch has arrived.
Look at the forum so far, a number of questions about behavior, some -it must be said- due to the changes and simplifications in the UI, others were clearly waiting for the wider audience testing.
So far working with 19 after a ca 9 hours download period, I have experienced a number of program crashes, some even without PD to catch the error and allow reporting... (I have reported those back to CL with error information retrieved from system level).
Having said that, my general impression is that the program works fairly well.

I agree with you, Warry. Waiting makes a lot of sense. I did that with PD18 Ultimate, and it was smooth sailing for me. Thanks for the info.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So far working with 19 after a ca 9 hours download period, I have experienced a number of program crashes, some even without PD to catch the error and allow reporting... (I have reported those back to CL with error information retrieved from system level).

I don't have any active projects and so far I've only used it to answer forum questions. I haven't had a single crash though, and I wonder if you might have noticed any pattern to when PD19 was more likely to crash and/or when the crash report window appeared/didn't appear.

I think the downside of the subscription model is that it gets pushed out and there's really no way to roll back the update if anything goes wrong. So far I've only seen one thread from someone who's had a serious issue possibly related to PD19 showing up in the middle of editing a complex project, but there may be more out there. I just used the feedback channel to suggest a Win10-style rollback option for the App Manager.

This also seems like PD19 is a fairly modest change from PD18, with the focus more on tidying up some UI items and modernizing the transition and FX animations (which I really like). There aren't that many completely new features, and maybe that has kept the number of potentially serious bugs lower than it otherwise would have been.