Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blending effects are just still images.
[Post New]
They moved the blending effects over to the FX panel. I remember them being animated but now they are just images. Image here

Did they change it or is this a mistake?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That seems like a bug to me. The good news is that the blending FX work as expected once you drag them over a timeline clip, so only the preview is affected.

Enabling/disabling OpenCL doesn't have any affect on my 2 systems, unlike this other issue where OpenCL is the cause.
[Post New]
Quote That seems like a bug to me. The good news is that the blending FX work as expected once you drag them over a timeline clip, so only the preview is affected.

Enabling/disabling OpenCL doesn't have any affect on my 2 systems, unlike this other issue where OpenCL is the cause.

Even on the timeline they're not working right for me. It's just an overlay, no movement or anything. Is there something wrong with my settings?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try disabling OpenCL like the linked post mentioned? It actually works with that on or off on my desktop, but it might have an impact on your system.

Do you get new content added to a lower track when dragging and dropping the FX directly onto the clip, like this?

[Post New]
Quote Did you try disabling OpenCL like the linked post mentioned? It actually works with that on or off on my desktop, but it might have an impact on your system.

Do you get new content added to a lower track when dragging and dropping the FX directly onto the clip, like this?

Test

Okay I think it's working now.
optodata
[Post New]
That's good. I've found that the first time you add a blending FX it always gets added as new content directly below the clip, but after that it switches at some point and you can apply it directly on the clip like normal FX. I don't know why the switch happens, but it seems to require at least one previous blending effect on the timeline. Undoing them all resets the mode from "directly applied" to "add content on lower track"
[Post New]
Quote That's good. I've found that the first time you add a blending FX it always gets added as new content directly below the clip, but after that it switches at some point and you can apply it directly on the clip like normal FX. I don't know why the switch happens, but it seems to require at least one previous blending effect on the timeline. Undoing them all resets the mode from "directly applied" to "add content on lower track"

If the clip is over a certain length the blending effect gets split which is weird
optodata
[Post New]
Quote If the clip is over a certain length the blending effect gets split which is weird

I think it actually makes sense, because the "animation" is a fixed length so PD places as many in a row as are needed to exactly cover the clip's duration.

I think that's smart and really user friendly - especially when compared to how much of a pain it was to deal with animated titles before now where you could make them longer but the animation and text intro kept looping. In PD19, many animated titles now act like this, which is a major improvement! đź‘Ť

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2020 00:56

[Post New]

I think it actually makes sense, because the "animation" is a fixed length so PD places as many in a row as are needed to exactly cover the clip's duration.

I think that's smart and really user friendly - especially when compared to how much of a pain it was to deal with animated titles before now where you could make them longer but the animation and text intro kept looping. In PD19, many animated titles now act like this, which is a major improvement! đź‘Ť

Ah makes sense