Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Discord can't get feed from YouCam 9
Arachia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2020 22:03 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
When I try to use youcam 9 with discord I go to preferences in discord in the voice and video section I go to video and select Cyberlink YouCam 9 for the camera. Then Cyberlink youcam 9 will close if up and my camera will turn off if on. If the camera is off that does nothing more the camera just turns off. If cyberlink is off it does not open a video window just put the item in the taskbar hidden icon group. launching youcam does open the video window and tunrs on the camera but does not put the feed in discord. the camera only turns on when there is a program accessing it. I have tried several logitic cameras and a kinect v2 camera which is my preferred camera since it has the best quality. The camera works fine with discord when access directly, I bought cyberlink youcam 9 deluxe to use it advance features to clean up and dress up my video but if it can't be used with my discord it does not work.
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Then Cyberlink youcam 9 will close if up and my camera will turn off if on.

I'm confused about this description.

What was up that made youcam closed?
And, what was on that caused your camera turned off?

The physical webcam can be accessed by one program concurrently unless you select the virtual webcam (CyberLink YouCam 9) as the webcam video source in all of your video call or video recording programs to get the shared video from YouCam 9.
Arachia [Avatar]
[Post New]

I'm confused about this description.

What was up that made youcam closed?
And, what was on that caused your camera turned off?

The physical webcam can be accessed by one program concurrently unless you select the virtual webcam (CyberLink YouCam 9) as the webcam video source in all of your video call or video recording programs to get the shared video from YouCam 9.

The camera goes to standby/inactive mode when not being used/access by a program. this is what i meean by off. If i have youcam up and working then select it as the source in discord the launch seems to close and only the icon in the popup hidden icon menu of the taskbar is left and i get no feed in discord and the light on the camera turn off aka it goes to the standby/inactive mode. whaty i need is the camera feed stay on and to get from youcam into discord.
Arachia [Avatar]
[Post New]
Support Sent me this:

Dear Malachi,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand that you have concern using the YouCam 9 Deluxe software to Discord. We are more than willing to assist you.

With reference to your query, we would like to inform you that currently, you may only set up YouCam 9 Deluxe to the following:

1. U Webinar
2. U Meeting
3. Screen Recorder
4. Zoom
5. Skype or Skype for Business
6. Google Hangouts/Meets
7. Live Stream to YouTube
8. Live Stream to Facebook

May we clarify if you still unable to set up the YouCam 9 Deluxe on one of the listed programs above?

Please feel free to contact us back for further clarification or
assistance related to CyberLink products. Use the link below to get back
to us:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,

Vince
CyberLink Technical Support.

Which is a bunch of crap, looks like they are actively blocking programs like discord from using their app. Several of the programs you need to just go in and select the youcam video feed option. it is the same for discord and i have used 2 of their older discontinued versions of youcam that let you do this which means that they just put in a block that stops ppl from using youcam 9 this way.

If anyone knows how to get arouund this moronic move please let me know.
Smith Eric [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2021 07:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I think there's some issue with the software. I tried updating the software but still, it didn't seem to work at all.

Any possible working solution?

EDIT: Finally fixed my discord issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 18. 2021 06:53