Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Download is SO SLOW
davidh1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2018 18:35 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
tried again today 19/09/2020 uk and it is still slow. manged to download power director in 4 hours and it came up with MD5 error, so still no upgrade. Luckly i have not uninstalled the lder version yet.
Sent a ticket to cyberlink yesterday, still no response.
Hope it's fixed soon.
videotech2013 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2015 13:24 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Have the same problem,so slow unable to update ,will not be renewing my subscrition next year unless they can explane what is going on their side and how they plan to resolve this issue.Thinking about switching to dalvini resolve pro for a one off payment life time membership.
Dont have to time to mess around

Now seems to be sorted at cyberlink end as it now downloaded ok
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded and installed the update on 9/17/20 as soon as I received the notification email from CyberLink. It took about 30 minutes to get PD up and running. That was longer than usual but I chalked it up as donwload demand. Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
qcrocknet [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Canada Joined: Feb 22, 2011 18:44 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I have the same issues. And with the MD5 error at the end (tried multiple times). Takes forever.
And it's not my antivirus. The file is probably corrupted.
My internet is blazing fast...elsewhere.

Edit: Worked 9:45am EST

Thanks

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 20. 2020 09:03

Koen41 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 15, 2016 09:05 Messages: 63 Offline
[Post New]
Quote tried again today 19/09/2020 uk and it is still slow. manged to download power director in 4 hours and it came up with MD5 error, so still no upgrade. Luckly i have not uninstalled the lder version yet.
Sent a ticket to cyberlink yesterday, still no response.
Hope it's fixed soon.

No need for a ticket, the server of Cy is probably very slow.
after 4 or 5 attempts I finally installed the 4 files.
siul72 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2020 01:39 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
HI Have the same problem here.

Dear CyberLink if you whant to keep your bussiness you need to fix this issue.

If you want some consultancy how to fix it, please contact me, I have experience in CDN setups and cloud infraestructures.

If this not get fixed I'll ask my money back.

Thanks for your attention,
Luis Coelho
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I saw you just posted in a 6 year old thread as well, but this isn't Cyberlink. This is a user-to-user forum provided by them and there isn't anyone here who can use your services or address your concerns.

If you'd like to reach someone about getting a refund or requesting help with a slow connection, you should contact their customer service from this webpage:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=contactUs&action2=productContactUs

John7869 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 22, 2020 04:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
So here we are 22/09/20 and the download speed is still abysmal. Tried numerous times yesterday to download the update and gave up.

Been downloading this morning for an hour and it has only reached 37%. I think Cyberlink need to find out what is happening to their download speed to the UK. I have checked everything, Router, other downloads and all is fine. No problems with firewall etc.

Even connecting to parts of their website is slow as well as uploading or doing anything on this Forum.

I thought Cyberlink was a world leader in this software but their systems are letting them down.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 22. 2020 05:11

Philwild [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Hemel Hempstead, UK Joined: Oct 05, 2017 12:04 Messages: 208 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So here we are 22/09/20 and the download speed is still abysmal. Tried numerous times yesterday to download the update and gave up.

Been downloading this morning for an hour and it has only reached 37%. I think Cyberlink need to find out what is happening to their download speed to the UK. I have checked everything, Router, other downloads and all is fine. No problems with firewall etc.

Even connecting to parts of their website is slow as well as uploading or doing anything on this Forum.

I thought Cyberlink was a world leader in this software but their systems are letting them down.

Have you reported this to Cyberlink as Optodata suggested?

Not to lessen your experience, I am in the UK as well and have had no download issues, so it looks like they may need to diagnose your situation.