Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
♥ PowerDirector 19 Tutorials from PD University ♥
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Get up to speed on 7 of the amazing new features in PowerDirector 19. What are your thoughts on these features and what do you wish would have been included in this update?

Subscribe to PowerDirector University on YouTube.

Subscribe to PDU Mobile on YouTube.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Maliek for this great overview. And so quick. My new version is still downloading over the past 6 hours
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
What are the real usefull differences between 18 Ultimate and 19 Ultimate?

I also have the Ultra HD preview in my 18

I would like to hear about the short list of major differences before purchasing

I have been happy with 18 Ultimate so far
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I think that you are right: UHD is available is 18 too.

Suggest that you have a look at the timeline updates at (18 is September 2019):

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/whats-new_en_US.html

and for Ultra and ulitmate (19 only) here:

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-video-editing-software/comparison_en_US.html
mymatesre [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2020 00:53 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the video - great job!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2020 12:44

Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]

I just signed up to PowerDirector 365 suite 2 days ago and can not see where to download the PD 19? (I thought I had the most recent version with the plan I had?)

Use the Application manager. (See the announcement by the moderator) Can be downloaded from here:
https://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/application-manager/download_en_US.htm
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is great! Thanks for showing off these new features. I'm eager to dig in and learn more about them myself!

While PD18 also had UHD preview resolution, PD19 seems to be able to play longer before the Serious Frame Drop Detected message comes up. Unlike PD18, if you choose the let PD pre-render the timeline, PD19 does so in small chunks whenever it's otherwise idle so it doesn't get in the way of editing.

Unfortunately, the rendered video is quite a bit lower in quality. A lower bitrate helps speed up the playback, but also completely defeats the purpose of having UHD preview. Take a look at the UHD Preview Resolution details of the source clip and the rendered version:

I've placed full size sceenshots from a 4K monitor along with the media details of both the source clip and PD-rendered version in this OneDrive folder. I strongly recommend not using the UHD preview setting if your PC keeps getting the Serious Frame Drop message.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2020 13:21

detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
Are you saying using UHD preview in Both will lower the outputted Video or is it a bigger problem with 19 or 18 ?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2020 21:05

Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks Maliek for this great overview. And so quick. My new version is still downloading over the past 6 hours

You're welcome, that's one long download!
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the video - great job!

You’re welcome. Thanks for watching.
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This is great! Thanks for showing off these new features. I'm eager to dig in and learn more about them myself!

While PD18 also had UHD preview resolution, PD19 seems to be able to play longer before the Serious Frame Drop Detected message comes up. Unlike PD18, if you choose the let PD pre-render the timeline, PD19 does so in small chunks whenever it's otherwise idle so it doesn't get in the way of editing.

Unfortunately, the rendered video is quite a bit lower in quality. A lower bitrate helps speed up the playback, but also completely defeats the purpose of having UHD preview. Take a look at the UHD Preview Resolution details of the source clip and the rendered version:

I've placed full size sceenshots from a 4K monitor along with the media details of both the source clip and PD-rendered version in this OneDrive folder. I strongly recommend not using the UHD preview setting if your PC keeps getting the Serious Frame Drop message.

Wow! That's a pretty significant drop in preview quality. Seems like the developers were focusing more on playback rather than quality.
marshm777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2020 16:21 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Get up to speed on 7 of the amazing new features in PowerDirector 19. What are your thoughts on these features and what do you wish would have been included in this update?

Aloha Bruddah Maliek!

You have been a great help to me as I have watched your PDU. Mahalo!

Quick question...

Have you known of some having their PD365 being glitchy with the new update? Mine is. Then it stops responding.
I have upgraded my video drivers, have plenty memory and plenty space on my hard drive. Can't figure this sukka out!

Any ideas?

Mahalo!!

Marshall
Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
PowerDirector basic editing 101. Learn to use PowerDirector 19 in 12 minutes.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Get glitchy up in here! Learn to mask video and apply effects and LUTs to make your subject glitch in your videos.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 27. 2020 07:35

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Get more control over movement using the new anchor point keyframes in PowerDirector.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Create custom masks with the new vertex point feature in PowerDirector.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
PowerDirector 365 subscribers got a few new surprises this week. Check out some of the updates in the November 2020 feature release for PowerDirector.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Let's do something SUPER! Learn to make the Marvel Intro for any video using PowerDirector.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
If you don't know now you know. These are the 6 cuts that every video editor needs to know.

Maliek [Avatar]
[Post New]
Check out the latest content updates for PowerDirector 365 subscribers.