Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sync video, music and photo descriptions across multiple PC's
DaleC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2006 07:51 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have 4 windows PC's and a windows server set up in my house with my videos, music and photos stored on the server. I have purchased licences and installed PowerDVD 20 on each of the PC's and started to specialize the movie information on one of the PC's but have found the changes to movie information does not propogate to the other installs. It appears the information is stored on the local machine, not with the movie files. Is there a way I can propogate the information from one machine to the others?
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I know, powerdvd does not support the feature of carring the custom configuration to other platforms.

If your video, or photos, music files are stored at different file paths on different PCs, you can't expect the custom configuration you carried from other devices can work on your current platform. powerdvd media library's mapping will get lost when locating your source videos and photo files on a new PC.

There are many error-prone conditions might occur if this feature exists.